Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fps Issues

Ethock
12.13.2011 , 02:23 PM | #1
So i played in 2 beta weekends with an fps of around 45 at low quality. Now that I'm in live version I have the same exact computer and I'm at around 15 to 20 fps. I thought if anything I would have better fps without the beta program running in the backround and all. Also i turned everything on high and I only went down about 5 fps. Is anyone else experiencing this? Also I just checked the Nvidia website and their is a new beta driver up as of november 28th. Should I even bother downloading it in hopes that it will help?

Nobylspoon
12.13.2011 , 02:24 PM | #2
Does the game's resolution settings match your systems default resolution? When I played beta it defaulted to a much lower resolution causing 10-15FPS. When I corrected it, it went up to 190FPS.
- Epitomé -
The epitome of what a guild should be!
[PVP] [EST]
|Recruiting| - |Apply| - |Website|

Ethock
12.13.2011 , 02:28 PM | #3
I did not see the option to completely turn off shadow complexity, when I did that it sky rocketed and ya that does improve fps thanks.

ForTheBounty
12.13.2011 , 02:55 PM | #4
any1 have any other tips like removing the shadows? nice tip btw
"You can run, but you'll only die tired." - Boba Fett

bobo-tina
12.13.2011 , 03:05 PM | #5
turning down shadow quality and unchecking "bloom" both in the graphics options can dramatically help improve performance

DISORDERLY CONDUCT

AMKSED
12.13.2011 , 03:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nobylspoon View Post
Does the game's resolution settings match your systems default resolution? When I played beta it defaulted to a much lower resolution causing 10-15FPS. When I corrected it, it went up to 190FPS.
Funny, the cap is 111 :S

Ethock
12.13.2011 , 03:11 PM | #7
Alright I updated drivers and only getting max of 30 fps and bogging down to 30 fps. Gonna get an SSD and 8gb of ram, I know its probably the gpu, but cant upgrade that on a laptop.

moiraesfate
12.13.2011 , 04:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ethock View Post
So i played in 2 beta weekends with an fps of around 45 at low quality. Now that I'm in live version I have the same exact computer and I'm at around 15 to 20 fps. I thought if anything I would have better fps without the beta program running in the backround and all. Also i turned everything on high and I only went down about 5 fps. Is anyone else experiencing this? Also I just checked the Nvidia website and their is a new beta driver up as of november 28th. Should I even bother downloading it in hopes that it will help?
There are thousands of players logged in, and you're wondering why you're fps is low? Do you think that it might be because of so many animations going on in the same zone at the same time? Think about it.

Its going to be at least a couple weeks before fps and lag get down to acceptable levels. Thats what early access and opening week are like in every single mmo on the market ever.

Pherdnut
12.13.2011 , 04:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nobylspoon View Post
Ditto on this on my older laptop. I was surprised that higher res moved faster.
Amurrka, Malfunction, Skeeve, Derp, Deeva, Orinj @Dreshdae Cantina

"QQ!"

TalliNV
12.13.2011 , 04:45 PM | #10
Stupid question, how do I enable viewing my FPS?
-Valin