Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hi TaitWatson! Re: Bolster

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Hi TaitWatson! Re: Bolster

Technohic
01.23.2014 , 12:18 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ParagonAX View Post
Because stock Conq (per the proposal) is not as good as min/maxed Conq.

Stock Conq has alacrity and all sorts of useless stats, but if you buy Conq with comms, you can min/max Power/Surge etc.
Hmmm. Well I would say that sounds reasonable.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

L-RANDLE
01.23.2014 , 12:58 PM | #12
Personally, I rather PVP gear be eliminated. We shouldnt revert back to the days of having people show up with zero EXP... Bolster actually does work as intended regardless of what gear combinations you use... Everyone is more or less the same, less augments. PVP gear is the problem, so why not eliminate it?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

ParagonAX
01.23.2014 , 01:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Bolster actually does work as intended regardless of what gear combinations you use... Everyone is more or less the same, less augments.
lol wut? Assuming PvP gear is eliminated.

You show up in 78s with 900 expertise, you will get WRECKED by someone showing up in 46s.
GM of <Triumph>

BubblŽs | Missbehavžn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radžance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

L-RANDLE
01.23.2014 , 01:29 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ParagonAX View Post
lol wut? Assuming PvP gear is eliminated.

You show up in 78s with 900 expertise, you will get WRECKED by someone showing up in 46s.
It's easier to adjust the expertise nerf, than to balance bolster, PVP gear, and PvE gear.. Plus getting a lower tier PvE set for a person with 78 should not be a problem...

ParagonAX
01.24.2014 , 09:30 AM | #15
Bump.
GM of <Triumph>

BubblŽs | Missbehavžn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radžance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

Pistols
01.24.2014 , 10:12 AM | #16
EA/BW does not care. It's been how many months since Bolster hasn't been working as intended?

The only reply that they would give, is something we know already within a 500 word essay, that still would not do a thing to increase better gameplay. Face it folks, the "combat team/guy" is fail, period.

L-RANDLE
01.24.2014 , 10:47 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
EA/BW does not care. It's been how many months since Bolster hasn't been working as intended?

The only reply that they would give, is something we know already within a 500 word essay, that still would not do a thing increase better gameplay. Face it folks, the "combat team/guy" is fail, period.
Pistols back on the scene, gunz-a- blazin'.

:-)

Aetideus
01.24.2014 , 01:39 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post

The only reply that they would give, is something we know already within a 500 word essay, that still would not do a thing to increase better gameplay. Face it folks, the "combat team/guy" is fail, period.
Probably there is no combat team. There is no change to justify a ground pvp combat team. The changes in arenas are environmental. There is no change in bolster. The changes of the class balance are PvE based.

TheDanski
01.24.2014 , 04:04 PM | #19
Dismissing open world pvp, which pvp gear would obviously be better (maybe minus MH/OH with 78s) could someone shed some light on overally BiS in a bolstered environment in a formate of ...

Example (may not be true):
Earpiece = Obraon>53 blue>54 crafted purple>Conq
Implants = etc etc etc

This would greatly help me in deciding what pieces to upgrade when. Already rolling bolstered 2018 and not wanting to waste ranked comms along the way. Thanks in advanced.

DanNV
01.24.2014 , 04:36 PM | #20
The OPs suggestion is one good way to deal with the issue. The other is to just eliminate PVP specific gear entirely. But, to do that you'd have to change the comms in WZs so that you could get comms to purchase PVE gear through PVP. The top end PVE gear should be available through the top end WZs (so that would mean you'd have to do ranked WZs to get the comms for top end PVE gear (maybe even team ranked.)) BW would have to sort out comms and level of gear working down from there but it shouldn't be difficult. It would likely increase the participants in PVP, make balancing a lot easier (they wouldn't have to calculate in Experitse bonuses when trying to balance things out,) etc. One big advantage is you might actually get ranked queues to pop on the non-PVP servers.
REGULATORS