Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thanks for the Rakghoul event. Good Job.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Thanks for the Rakghoul event. Good Job.

Klarick
01.23.2014 , 11:16 AM | #1
Just wanted to say thanks to the team for an outstanding event. Love the environment, the dailys are fun, and the first time I went to Alderaan and a Rakghoul jumped me and wouldn't get off of me was an epic gaming moment!

All around good job. The wife and I both thank you for providing the fun.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

DOHboy
01.23.2014 , 11:25 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to the team for an outstanding event. Love the environment, the dailys are fun, and the first time I went to Alderaan and a Rakghoul jumped me and wouldn't get off of me was an epic gaming moment!

All around good job. The wife and I both thank you for providing the fun.
No caps....
No Emotes...
Sarcasm seems thin at best...
<takes sniff> smells ok...
<looks around> nobody watching...

Yeah it is kind of fun, gives me something to do on my main since have most of the other reps full and not really an achievement junkie. I missed the original one, and exploding while next to the GTN is actually kind of funny.

There was a reason it was asked to come back.

Prototypemind
01.23.2014 , 12:26 PM | #3
Even the small things like including new cinematics are great. Definitely like the design of the area. Unique mounts that must be earned, lots of fun additions. Being authorized to expel oneself from the airlock, called "fresh rakghoul meat" by the soldiers, lots of great little touches.

Nocturnalchemy
01.23.2014 , 12:29 PM | #4
Agreed. I'm really enjoying the event.

Rafaman
01.23.2014 , 12:31 PM | #5
Well, me and the guildies are having fun. Really enjoying it. It doesn't seem grindy at all to me and I'm running it on several alts.

My only suggestion would be, that once you have the event quest you should be able to quick travel to the planet to run your dailies. I come back to the fleet alot so I would like to not have to ship travel back to the event.

So... good stuff BW. Look forward to the other planet installments.

Rasen
01.23.2014 , 12:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Well, me and the guildies are having fun. Really enjoying it. It doesn't seem grindy at all to me and I'm running it on several alts.

My only suggestion would be, that once you have the event quest you should be able to quick travel to the planet to run your dailies. I come back to the fleet alot so I would like to not have to ship travel back to the event.

So... good stuff BW. Look forward to the other planet installments.
Totally agree. For me the only downside is the whole long travel time to Alderaan. I wish they implemented a quick travel feature there.

Other than that I'm enjoying the event a lot. It is loads of fun and very easy to run through with my guildies. We tackle 16 man SM and HM Eyeless and it was a blast. SM was easy, but hard had a great level of challenge to it.

OddballEasyEight
01.23.2014 , 12:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
No caps....
No Emotes...
Sarcasm seems thin at best...
<takes sniff> smells ok...
<looks around> nobody watching...

Yeah it is kind of fun, gives me something to do on my main since have most of the other reps full and not really an achievement junkie. I missed the original one, and exploding while next to the GTN is actually kind of funny.

There was a reason it was asked to come back.
Hahaha you actually had me acting those things out :P

Great response

Personally I did the dailies once to look at the new enviroments.
Won't be doing it any more.
Not because I don't like the event, but because I don't like the rewards much. It's like CZ, nothing at the rep vendor I want so I just skip the event/area.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Klarick
01.23.2014 , 12:44 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Hahaha you actually had me acting those things out :P

Great response

Personally I did the dailies once to look at the new enviroments.
Won't be doing it any more.
Not because I don't like the event, but because I don't like the rewards much. It's like CZ, nothing at the rep vendor I want so I just skip the event/area.
I love those infected customizatioons for your companions. There are a few I really want. The pets are cool too. The infected varactyl is also on my list.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Pscyon
01.23.2014 , 12:57 PM | #9
I think adding most of the event to an instanced underground zone was a very good move. This way it doesn't disrupt regular activity for the lower levels still stuck on Alderaan (those poor souls!) all that much due to crowds of players lagging things up or disrupting the mission areas. It also saves a ton of loading time if you log directly into the instance rather than the 36719 minute loading screens regular Borederaan has.

I really liked the initial attacks in the city but they kind of get old when they occur in the same place every time you pass through. An element of randomness would be preferable imo.

Can't decide whether or not it's better than the first rakghoul event. I liked how you'd gradually unlock new missions there though the repetition when doing it on multiple characters wasn't much fun. So it's probably better this way, just having them all available at once.
Sith Sorcerer

Kain_Turinbar
01.23.2014 , 12:59 PM | #10
The Rakghouls around House Organa did surprise me.

The Rakghouls themselves are much tougher than the ones on Taris as well. As melee they CC they hell out of you.