Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Bolster Exploit

dmanlong
01.23.2014 , 10:23 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Marius_Xerxes View Post
46/46/46
Boom. Now everyone can be broken.
This is not better. White Damage is significantly lower. Only healers and possibly tanks can benefit from using this exploit.

L-RANDLE
01.23.2014 , 10:26 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
You really think what this crap issue for players and developers is more important than pugs vs premades issue, matchmaking for solo ranked issue, or something like returning 8x8 huttball ranked league issue?
You can't dismiss it however. I have always said, " How can you expect them to address the big picture, when they let germ-infested kids photobomb the picture?"
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

thesadplanet
01.23.2014 , 10:27 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by dmanlong View Post
This is not better. White Damage is significantly lower. Only healers and possibly tanks can benefit from using this exploit.
This, the blue 46's aren't nearly as good as your stats on the character sheet would indicate, which raises an entirely new, and perhaps more serious bug to the table.

sithBracer
01.23.2014 , 10:34 AM | #24
Not sure what the big deal is. So MH/OH PvE is better, it is still not game breaking. It lessens the gear grind for alts by a few weeks; it is less than useless in OWPVP since it's a 46 blue; and anyone who doesn't have, it can still easily get it anytime they want (there's no PvE raiding wall or credit wall like for the 69 MH hilt).

There are so many other problems that BW should be putting their resources into. This one should be at the bottom of their list.

I see so many people complaining about bads ruining their game, yet the same people adamantly demand a gear advantage over those same people. Which is it? Do you want an even playing field, or do you want a "I win" button over undergeared people?
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

Alexhpy
01.23.2014 , 10:40 AM | #25
Its a different matter, those things they need to decide if they want to do them or not.

There is no choice with the bolster exploit, it must be fixed. All we can do is help them see it faster and make noise so they fix it faster. They can`t exactly refuse to fix an exploit now can they?

Technohic
01.23.2014 , 10:45 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexhpy View Post
Its a different matter, those things they need to decide if they want to do them or not.

There is no choice with the bolster exploit, it must be fixed. All we can do is help them see it faster and make noise so they fix it faster. They can`t exactly refuse to fix an exploit now can they?
I don't know if it is an exploit, exactly. Exploits are generally finding a way to get around the system or take advantage of a bug. This is just por design and people learning to make the most of it.

Pistols
01.23.2014 , 10:48 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I don't know if it is an exploit, exactly. Exploits are generally finding a way to get around the system or take advantage of a bug. This is just por design and people learning to make the most of it.
I agree to an extent, but most understand people are in fact using this to their advantage. I get what bolster is "supposed" to bring to the PvP realm, however we simply do not have the proper development staff to pull it off. Thus, a totally broken mechanic that will continue to see watered down fixes that never get fixed.

This team is pro!

L-RANDLE
01.23.2014 , 10:48 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
Not sure what the big deal is. So MH/OH PvE is better, it is still not game breaking. It lessens the gear grind for alts by a few weeks; it is less than useless in OWPVP since it's a 46 blue; and anyone who doesn't have, it can still easily get it anytime they want (there's no PvE raiding wall or credit wall like for the 69 MH hilt).

There are so many other problems that BW should be putting their resources into. This one should be at the bottom of their list.

I see so many people complaining about bads ruining their game, yet the same people adamantly demand a gear advantage over those same people. Which is it? Do you want an even playing field, or do you want a "I win" button over undergeared people?
Michael Jackson would be disappointed in you... It's not that black and white and you are trying to mold two issues into one.

It is absolutely absurd that bolster is still screwed up which is an issue unto itself.

The second issue is where the bolster floor should be. They also, whether intentionally or not, mislead players into believing PVP gear is an absolute need for WZ.

Each are separate and valid reasons to question the logic of having bolster in the game at all..
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Pistols
01.23.2014 , 10:50 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Michael Jackson would be disappointed in you... It's not that black and white and you are trying to mold two issues into one.

It is absolutely absurd that bolster is still screwed up which is an issue unto itself.

The second issue is where the bolster floor should be. They also, whether intentionally or not, mislead players into believing PVP gear is an absolute need for WZ.

Each are separate and valid reasons to question the logic of having bolster in the game at all..
^ Post of the day nominee!

So many valid points in such a small response.

Technohic
01.23.2014 , 10:54 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
I agree to an extent, but most understand people are in fact using this to their advantage. I get what bolster is "supposed" to bring to the PvP realm, however we simply do not have the proper development staff to pull it off. Thus, a totally broken mechanic that will continue to see watered down fixes that never get fixed.

This team is pro!
I agree there. It just isn't on the level of exploit to me in the way it was when people could unequip items and requip while they were in warzones in order to get huge stats. Either way though; is just terrible development.