Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Bolster Exploit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New Bolster Exploit

cashogy_reborn
01.22.2014 , 11:12 PM | #1
So the newest Bolster Exploit is starting to become more widespread. Im not gonna go into details, but you can get stats above Obroan by using non-PvP gear.

Fix this Bioware. Bolster should not boost stats above Tier 1 PvP gear. The timing of this being so near to the most recent "Bolster explanation" post by Tait (that literally gave out 0 new information) further enforces the belief that the devs have developed such a convoluted system that even they dont understand how it works.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

RodneyMcNeely
01.22.2014 , 11:21 PM | #2
Bolster for 55 needs to go.

Players that I can't scratch in warzones, I can DESTROY on Oricon. It's reasonable when you're talking about the ones in PvE gear exploiting Bolster.

What's weird is the way that Bolster affects PvP gear, too. I'm at 2018 Expertise in fully-optimized, augmented Obroan/Conqueror gear. Against players in the same gear it's an uphill battle inside a Warzone. On Ilum, I do MUCH better against the SAME players. Those same players on Oricon are even easier to blow up.

Wonky system. Great idea, horrible implementation. Just make it go away.

Raazmir
01.23.2014 , 12:48 AM | #3
bolster for 55 can go as soon as the caps on warzone comms let me afford a full pvp set on hitting 55. "time in the barrel" is ********.
Mk'dermott 55 Sniper
Makkant 55 powertech

Turretboy
01.23.2014 , 12:55 AM | #4
69 63 61

#yolo

MidichIorian
01.23.2014 , 02:16 AM | #5
Then someone will come in here and argue that it's only by 0,XX %. But does that even matter? Gear you can buy on GTN should never even be remotely close, and certainly not better, than something you have to spend 120 warzones to get (calculated with a 100 comms/game average)

JediMasterSLC
01.23.2014 , 02:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Turretboy View Post
69 63 61

#yolo
The newly discovered bolster bug is even worse than that one. Can we get a response?
55s: POT5- Kakarrotx-Sent, Paraguss-Sorc, Brawlly-Jug, Meleehealer-Mara
Bastion- Greenn-Mando, Radishz-Scoundrel, Trunkks-Shadow, Burdok-Sniper, Lettucce-PT

TurboDron
01.23.2014 , 03:29 AM | #7
get used to it because they will not fix it soon
I've already posted on PVP and bug forums, opened in-game ticket and I got no response.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=715833
English is my 2nd language. Server: TOFN
Elite Warlord: Powertech. Warlord: Assassin, Sage, Sorc
Conqueror: Sentinel, Jugger, Oper. War Hero: Marauder, Commando.

Vildiil
01.23.2014 , 04:03 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Turretboy View Post
69 63 61

#yolo
The new bug is way worse than that, about 1k more hp, 40 bonus dmg, half a % of crit and some accuracy over Obroan.
Prophecy of the Five/Jedi Covenant - Izumi Legacy
Naomil/Jindiaru/Ja'xo/Chitanda - LD-Fifty
My PvP stream

Glower
01.23.2014 , 06:08 AM | #9
Pls share these "clever use of game mechanics" details!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "Theyd love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Virus_Bot
01.23.2014 , 06:48 AM | #10
I'm calling bs on the OP. there is no "new" bug.This is nothing but an orchestrated media attack against the swtor and Eric.
the Op is a knows Wilstar employee too so.. yeah..
Decode-Bot - The Bastion.