Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP Servers and savage PvP

hadoken
01.23.2014 , 08:06 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Arnianor View Post
Savage PvP is PvP anywhere outside of Warzones. It means in the rackghouls tunnels, for instance.
So you're unfamiliar with the term "world pvp" then?

Arnianor
01.24.2014 , 04:16 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
So you're unfamiliar with the term "world pvp" then?
Yes, I am. I'm not native English speaker, and in my mother's tongue, it's called savage pvp so I translated it as is. My apologies for this mistake.

jankiel
01.24.2014 , 04:45 AM | #23
Quote:
f you are on an RP-PVE server and "manipulating" game mechanics to work in your favor in order to grief, that doesnt have anything to do with roleplay and do not sit here straight faced and try to tell us it does.
/agree

Arnianor
01.24.2014 , 05:02 AM | #24
As already many time stated: I do not manipulate the game mechanics to force other players to get flagged.
Players I kill are already flagged and mostly level 55 (I do admit killing some lowbies time to time by mistake.

And as already stated, if a player is fitted with this pretty blood-red name allowing players from opposite faction to attack them, it is pretty hard to tell those who are flagged willingly from those which are not.

Even respecting the rules, not forcing the mechanics, avoiding spawn camping and killing mainly (mistake happens there, sorry. I see a red name, I attack most of the time before even checking if this is a lowbie or a member of the sister guild in other faction), and very rarely using pvp to steal, you still get insulted and such most of the time.

About the mechanics problem with AoE trick: you know this problem (and it IS a problem, and it shouldn't be abused like it is by some players) well, it seems easy enough to avoid long time AoE DPS for the H4, especially channeled or lasting ones (such as force storm or orbital strike). You know it exists, there are already some places in the game where you should avoid using AoE damages, so you should be able to do so here as well.
I mean, it's obvious some player use special strategy to force you into something you don't want to do. Use your brain as well, and counter the strategy, especially as it's really easy to do.

AlaricSevGirl
01.24.2014 , 08:20 AM | #25
Right, I do PvP because I want to. But sorry, this is also RP, no matter what.
I call total BS on that! You do it because you want to gank people, pure and simple and they're probably lower level people.
GSS Legacy, Jedi Covenant

Elfa
01.24.2014 , 09:05 AM | #26
What possible reason could any serious PVP players have to be on a PVE server in the first place?
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Arnianor
01.24.2014 , 09:15 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
I call total BS on that! You do it because you want to gank people, pure and simple and they're probably lower level people.
I do not gank lvl 20 players, that's not even funny. I PvP mostly 55, mostly because I do admit to make mistakes sometimes. So your comment is just BS, and PvP in the Star Wars universe is RP. Saying it's not is just like denying wars kill people: you're just hiding yourself from the truth.
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
What possible reason could any serious PVP players have to be on a PVE server in the first place?
if you read the post to full, you would know what a PvP player does on a RP-PvE (and not purelly PVE as you just said) server.

So to both of you: read first, and don't stop in the middle when you read.

branmakmuffin
01.24.2014 , 09:39 AM | #28
I do not gank lvl 20 players, that's not even funny. I PvP mostly 55, mostly because I do admit to make mistakes sometimes. So your comment is just BS, and PvP in the Star Wars universe is RP. Saying it's not is just like denying wars kill people: you're just hiding yourself from the truth.
RP is a consensual activity. I guess if they are already flagged, that also means they consent to PvP, but if you're claiming you RP with flagged players on the other faction, and when you yourself are flagged, before you engage in PvP with them, I call BS on that. Do you look at the character's class and level and hit points before engaging them? If you do, that's not RP, that's meta-gaming.