Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP Servers and savage PvP

Pingonaut
01.23.2014 , 06:54 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyGStatus View Post
Isn't there a ceasefire because of the Treaty of Coruscant?
Well, it depends on what part of the story you're in. If you've finished the story missions, no.

SevenVirtues
01.23.2014 , 07:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
Well, it depends on what part of the story you're in. If you've finished the story missions, no.
That's only a minor, obvious, spoiler but why do people post spoilers on the forum?

AlrikFassbauer
01.23.2014 , 07:39 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
YHopefully you are not doing it the old "thief" way.
(since the beginning of MMOs, people tried to steal from other players with every possible means, such as scamming... and when confronted with their behaviour, they claimed to roleplay a "bad guy". None of them however also still played the bad guy, when a bunch of good guys united to capture and imprison that bad guy. They wanted to steal... but only as long as there was no possible punishement for stealing)
I agree to that.

Of course people will claim things to hide behind them.
And they do it because they have the "Will to win".

Quote: Originally Posted by Arnianor View Post
Oh, and by the way: create a RP-PvP server for Europeans, so we can do it on a server with good rules. Until then, stop complaining. Period.
Shoield Argument. You KNOW that this will NEVER happen. So you use it to silence people down.

Quote: Originally Posted by SevenVirtues View Post
I'm too tired to read that, but we were doing the Rakghoul heroic today a group of 3 of us. Some Imp ran into our AoE attacks and we became flagged for PvP. He then stood over our bodies and killed us every time we respawned. After several attempts we just gave up.
For PvP people, this behaviour is just fine.
Because if not, they would have done something against it. Kill him, for example, and every time he'd respawn.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ausgepicht View Post
I'm curious if play on Republic or Imperial. The reason I wonder is you apparently have some kind of metagame knowledge of who your enemies are, and it would be very embarrassing to be a Jedi and be killing Bounty Hunters, for instance, who are actually say... I don't know... Mercenaries or Soldiers for the Republic?

Also, it's pretty soft to just be chasing PVErs in PVE gear who you can only get to fight you by tricking game mechanics and then come onto the forums to brag.
Interesting point. From an RP point of view, even the gear and the level would not matter. You could be an level 40 character attacking an level 50 character, because, from an RP perspective, you cannot know the other one's level.

From an RP perspective, "levels" don't even exist !
Same goes for PvP gear & PvE gear.

And of course you won't attack an level 50 character while you are an level 40 character.
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

dacentabaal
01.23.2014 , 11:54 AM | #14
OP I Don't know why but you are either Ralathos from Crimson Moon or Hríst of Nova Ascendant due to your defensive BS god modding ways :-)
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

hadoken
01.23.2014 , 12:03 PM | #15
What is 'savage PvP' and how is that different from PvP?

More loincloths or something?

branmakmuffin
01.23.2014 , 01:57 PM | #16
What exactly is the OP's point? Smells like trolling/flamebait to me.

ohpipoca
01.23.2014 , 02:06 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by PandaKeeper View Post
...I hope a black van drives up and takes you off, only for someone to discover your dried husk of a body somewhere in a desert in a few months....
imagine being so mad about a game that you literally wish people would die lmao. my suggestion, go outside once in a while, it breaks tension

ohpipoca
01.23.2014 , 02:16 PM | #18
actual on topic answer though, i play on an RP server and it's absolutely fine to do pvp in the field, so long as the person is flagged by choice. obviously if you abuse the system to get them flagged, you're just as much of an ******e as anyone who abuses any system to get their way

Arnianor
01.23.2014 , 06:11 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post

More loincloths or something?
Savage PvP is PvP anywhere outside of Warzones. It means in the rackghouls tunnels, for instance.

Quote: Originally Posted by dacentabaal View Post
OP I Don't know why but you are either Ralathos from Crimson Moon or Hríst of Nova Ascendant due to your defensive BS god modding ways :-)
No I'm not

Quote: Originally Posted by ohpipoca View Post
actual on topic answer though, i play on an RP server and it's absolutely fine to do pvp in the field, so long as the person is flagged by choice. obviously if you abuse the system to get them flagged, you're just as much of an ******e as anyone who abuses any system to get their way
Well, if what you mean by abuse the system is running through AoE, I don't. I admit sometimes I attack the only one flagged in a group and end up killing the whole party, guess they decided to defend their mate. But on the other hand, who do I judge willingly flagged PvP guys vs unwillingly flagged ones? Honestly, to me you are either blue or red.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ausgepicht View Post
I'm curious if play on Republic or Imperial. The reason I wonder is you apparently have some kind of metagame knowledge of who your enemies are, and it would be very embarrassing to be a Jedi and be killing Bounty Hunters, for instance, who are actually say... I don't know... Mercenaries or Soldiers for the Republic?

Also, it's pretty soft to just be chasing PVErs in PVE gear who you can only get to fight you by tricking game mechanics and then come onto the forums to brag.
Well, that's why I took the example of the Sith Lord for imperial Side and the Soldier for Republic side.

Halinalle
01.23.2014 , 07:50 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
To me it means killing character lower than your level.
Example: lvl55 character killing level 38 character.

I think it also involves harassment to some degree.
Example: following a certain character from area a to area b and killing that character when it's possible.