Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

11/3/33 dotsmash spec

unclefortyoz
03.05.2014 , 11:18 PM | #71
This is what I have gotten so far. Would you suggest using kd serendip. relic instead of dreadforged for the double proc? Also, would you recommend using 6 accuracy enh or 5 and be slightly under the cap (with 1 augment). Any suggestions for my rotation? I have tried to recreate this parse 100 times now and just keeps getting worse when I try to make changes.

http://www.torparse.com/a/610403
It's the bottom parse btw.
Abdi, Sith Marauder
Eskimo'Callboy, Sniper
hmd MAGENTA
ETERNAL WARRIOR

Ardarell_Solo
03.06.2014 , 04:33 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by unclefortyoz View Post
This is what I have gotten so far.
Well, that's not too bad :-) You need a fair bit of luck to push beyond 3850 anyway...

Would you suggest using kd serendip. relic instead of dreadforged for the double proc?
Absolutely!

Also, would you recommend using 6 accuracy enh or 5 and be slightly under the cap (with 1 augment).
Let's put it like this: If you're aiming for that one exceptional dummy parse, then go for 5 accuracy and hope you get a lucky parse with possibly only very few of your mainhand attacks missing, and preferably not the hardhitters. But that's gambling. In a raid setting definitely go for 6 accuracy for reliable DPS in all tries.

Any suggestions for my rotation? I have tried to recreate this parse 100 times now and just keeps getting worse when I try to make changes.
Don't push too hard in trying to optimize. This specc is more about the flow of rotation and building rage and fury in a good rhythm. I find that if I think too much about optimizing specific sections or simply do too many parses, things get worse instead of better ;-) Also I don't play the same rotation in every parse, as that would ruin my ability to react appropriately in a raid situation, where things are a little different in each try...

One thing at a quick glance at your beginning rotation, though: Sometimes you're using Double Saber Throw outside of Shockwave but Battering Assault inside of Shockwave. If you can, you should do it the other way round.
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage) | Vayus (Guardian)
Dacs (Commando) | Troř (Vanguard) | Craeg (Scoundrel)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4
<- Heiler gesucht! Bitte klicken und bewerben!

unclefortyoz
03.06.2014 , 05:20 PM | #73
Indeed, thx for the tips ardarell!!! Gonna keep working with it and see what I can do!
Abdi, Sith Marauder
Eskimo'Callboy, Sniper
hmd MAGENTA
ETERNAL WARRIOR

Ardarell_Solo
03.07.2014 , 05:21 AM | #74
You're welcome. Good luck und have fun dotsmashing :-)
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage) | Vayus (Guardian)

Ardarell_Solo
03.12.2014 , 02:27 AM | #75
Just broke the 4000s, mostly thanks to lucky Crits, though:
http://www.torparse.com/a/617660/tim...0/Damage+Dealt
TTK 4m 8.466 s (= 4024,70)

Slight change in rotation, too, after checking out Sound's record parse: He does Ravage/Master Strike + Force Scream/Blade Storm right after Smash/Force Sweep and basically keeps Battering Assault/Zealous Leap on Cooldown, even under Cascading/Heightened Power, if that doesn't mean Rage/Focus capping.

I can't really say, if that's the key here, though, since Crits were extreme in my parse and I can reliably do mid 3800 parses with the rotation I used before and Crit between 27 and 30.

What's definitely an increase is putting Rupture/Cauterize right before Smash/Force Sweep and next time using it right on Cooldown so you can fit in the next Rupture/Cauterize activation right before the following Smash/Force Sweep again. (At that point you may even delay Smash/Force Sweep for one GCD to fit in Rupture/Cauterize before). That way Rupture/Cauterize kind of meanders through your rotation from right before Smash/Sweep once and somewhere in between the next time - then rinse and repeat.

Will test the adapted rotation a bit further the next days and post my findings.

marcusdejong
03.13.2014 , 05:23 AM | #76
I try to use Smash on cd without shockwave stacks, but at times it makes me go out of rage without being close to 30 Fury. It kind of feels clunky sometimes, any tips? Right now I'm parsing higher numbers by building up to 30 stacks asap and smashing everytime shockwaves are up, while keeping obliterate/scream/deadly saber on cd, rupture right before smash, ravage during cascading power. I can reach about 3.5k doing this, but I'm not nearly BiS yet.

Ardarell_Solo
03.14.2014 , 04:32 AM | #77
3,5 K being far from BIS is probably pretty decent. You should probably still keep Smash on CD, no matter if Shockwave is up or not, autocrit is still a truckload of damage even without doulbing it via Shockwave. Nothing else you do instead will grant you comparable DPS plus each Smash gives you 9 seconds of increased damage afterwards beacause of Cascading Power.

One of the keys to avoid getting starved is traing to use Battering Assault almost on CD, except you'd be Rage capping.

Another thing: If you have 4 Rage/Focus and 22-25 Fury/Centering and Rupture/Cauterize or Obliterate/Zealous Leap are ready and Force Scream/Blade Storm is not ready: Do Vicious Slash/Slash or Vicous Throw/Dispatch first and then Obliterate/Zealous Leap or Rupture/Cauterize afterwards. That will push you to 30 Fury/Centering and you're saved.
If you do it the other way round, it won't work as Vicious Slash/Slash and Vicous Throw/Dispatch give you back one Rage/Focus AFTER using it, but you need three initially. So if you go Rupture/Cauterize or Obliterate/Zealous Leap first in that situation (as you normally would, since their prioritiy is higher than at least Vicious Slash/Dispatch) you'll sit at 26+ Fury but only 2 Rage which is not enough to activate Vicious Slash/Slash or Vicious Throw/Dispatch.
But if you do Vicious Slash/Slash or Vicious Throw/Dispatch first, you'll have 4-2+1 Rage/Focus = 2 and then you can do Obliterate/Zealous Leap or Rupture/CAuterize and you'll have 30 Rage/Fury and can go Berserk/Zen.

Ardarell_Solo
03.14.2014 , 04:42 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Slight change in rotation, too, after checking out Sound's record parse: He does Ravage/Master Strike + Force Scream/Blade Storm right after Smash/Force Sweep and basically keeps Battering Assault/Zealous Leap on Cooldown, even under Cascading/Heightened Power, if that doesn't mean Rage/Focus capping.
UPDATE ON THAT: Generally after Smash doing Ravage/Master Strike + Force Scream/Blade Storm pushes DPS, except you just activated Berserk/Zen. To avoid Rage/Focus capping in that situation I'd suggest:
- Smash/Force Sweep
- Vicious Throw/Dispatch OR Obliterate/Zealous Leap OR Vicious Slash/Slash
- Ravage/Master Strike
- Vicious Throw/Dispatch OR Force Scream/Blade Storm OR Obliterate/Zealous Leap OR Twin Saber Throw/Dual Saber Throw

With the exception of Twin Saber Throw there is a decent chance you will even fit in the last attack under Cascading Power/Heightened Power.

It doesn't seem recommendable to aim for this extended Ravage/Master Strike window every time, though, since the Ravage/Master Strike window tends to delay your rotation anyway, even if you just do Ravage/Master Strike + Force Scream/Blade Storm. It's hard to build enough Rage/Focus, do Obliterate/Zealous Leap and maybe Rupture/Cauterize in time before the next Smash/Force Sweep.

You'd also use that "extended" Ravage/Master Strike window if using Vicious Throw/Dispatch OR Obliterate/Zealous Leap after Smash/Force Sweep will push you to 30 Fury/Centering so you can pop Berserk/Zen before Master Strike for 4% bonus damage via set bonus stacking with the 9% of Cascading Power/Heightened Power.

TrueEquality
03.14.2014 , 02:24 PM | #79
is it not worth going 2 points into bleedout instead of defensive forms? or maybe u need juyo form for bleedout to take effect? im talking pvp btw
Compassion: Shadow, Forall: Sage, Equality: Scoundrel, Evolving: Guardian, Coincidence: Commando, Circumstance: Marauder, Necessities: Powertech, Persist: Sniper, Gowiththeflow: Sorcerer, Lovenothate: Assassin, Irrepressible: Juggernaut

TrueEquality
03.16.2014 , 03:32 AM | #80
nm it's not noticeable
Compassion: Shadow, Forall: Sage, Equality: Scoundrel, Evolving: Guardian, Coincidence: Commando, Circumstance: Marauder, Necessities: Powertech, Persist: Sniper, Gowiththeflow: Sorcerer, Lovenothate: Assassin, Irrepressible: Juggernaut