Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

11/3/33 dotsmash spec

AngelFluttershy
01.26.2014 , 12:10 AM | #21
Thanks everyone for your work towards this, and thank you Paowee for giving this a bit more attention. I had a guildie running something similar to this pre-2.0, but then he left the game for a time and didn't bother doing anything like it again when he recently came back. After trying my practiced Annihilation against Dotsmash (which was pretty crappy with under 100% acc and a few botched Smashes) I was parsing around the same level. I don't think this Hybrid is far better than the other specs, but it's a different way of playing which is nice.

I'll keep practicing and let you know if I have anything to add. I'd put up my parses but my Sentinel is severely undergeared so I doubt they'll be of any help (it's the most neglected of my 3 main DPS).

unclefortyoz
01.26.2014 , 05:36 AM | #22
I have played carn for well over a year now exclusively. I can honestly say I might figure this out for raids ROFL. After a day with this spec I've already parsed higher than any carn parse I ever put out, and with little effort. My gear isnt even optimized yet! http://www.torparse.com/a/565736 Seems to do a bit better for me on single target fights because of the slight ramp up time (its a bit longer than carn and harder to manage, even though less abilities used.) I'm kind of conflicted about dst usage as it def hits alot harder than in carn, but gives you no fury, and it seems like your main goal should be getting those smashes out with berserk up, using deadly saber pretty much on cd, and BUILDIING FURY FOR BERSERK. lol I will continue to play around with it some more. Do you think its safe to say that if you have to use assault you ****ed something up? Thx again lafy for getting me back into parsing, it sucks seeing operatives and mercs doing more burst AND sustained than maras.
Abdi, Sith Marauder
Eskimo'Callboy, Sniper
hmd MAGENTA
ETERNAL WARRIOR

Ardarell_Solo
01.26.2014 , 05:06 PM | #23
Tried different approaches towards this spec. Got best result by squeezing as many Vicious Slashes/Slashes in as Rage/Focus management would allow and go for as many Smashes/Force Sweeps as possible (I find thing like that easier to execute in boss fights than perfect DoT-Synchronization):

1 Mio Dummy, debuffed. 3723 (3746 if calculated from TTK)
http://www.torparse.com/a/566450/1/0/Damage+Dealt
(in basically full 78s: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...8-50a14cb05247)
<- 131 Crit, Rest power, 5 Slots Accuracy (470), 5 Slots Surge (470)

Far from perfect execution though, have to work on getting the flow of it into my fingertips like I'm used to with Watchman priorities...

Thing is, if you maintain the rotation built around Smashes/Force Sweeps, you can't do wrong very much. There's probably 3 or 4 possible approches to executing this spec, and they all give quite good results, I think. Curious, which ony will turn out the very best in the end...
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage)
Craeg (Scoundrel) | Dacs (Commando) | Vayus (Guardian)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> Tank und rDD gesucht! Infos HIER.
T3-M4

paowee
01.27.2014 , 01:46 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Tried different approaches towards this spec. Got best result by squeezing as many Vicious Slashes/Slashes in as Rage/Focus management would allow and go for as many Smashes/Force Sweeps as possible (I find thing like that easier to execute in boss fights than perfect DoT-Synchronization):..
Interesting. Like Rage spec, max DPS is when you can dish out as much Vicious Slash as you can. but then..

So you say Smash as early as possible is giving you more dps than 100% uptime on Deadly Saber? Or is it possible to get 12 second DS dots with Smash on the shortest CD and not spacing it out with Force Scream?
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Ardarell_Solo
01.27.2014 , 04:00 PM | #25
I'm actually not worrying about lengthening Dot uptimes at all. I'm keeping Deadly Saber/Overload Saber on Cooldown, if Focus/rage management let's me, but never at the cost of delaying Smash. Ideally I'll have enough focus to do DS/OS on Cooldown and still go for Maximum Smashes. Cauterize is a bit lower in priority for me: If I can squeeze it in before Smash it's good, but I'm not desperately keeping it on Cooldown as it will never do as much damage as Slash does.

But that's probably not be the best way to do it, it's just how I find it easy enough to play, when I have to concentrate on boss phases, movement etc. as well... :-)
T3-M4

paowee
01.27.2014 , 04:53 PM | #26

Ardarell_Solo
01.28.2014 , 12:52 AM | #27
Got my best result with that technique now, though I've still messed sth. up in the middle:

3799,56 from Parse (3812,95 if calculated from time to kill 4:22.264)
http://www.torparse.com/a/568003/1/0/Damage+Dealt

Gear is BIS 78s except Random 78 earpiece (http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...8-50a14cb05247)
Skills 11-3-32 (some are using 11-2-33)
131 Crit
470 Surge
470 Accuracy

Man that specc is fun! :-)
And once more thanks Board for your writeup, used that to refine my approach.
(BTW you're the one who taught me how to Hybrid Sling before 2.0. as well :-))
T3-M4

Lafay
01.28.2014 , 01:27 AM | #28
Lafayette - Marauder - 11/2/34 - 4:25 ttk
http://www.torparse.com/a/568023/4/0/Overview
3802 dps

I went with 470 acc and 470 surge, i need another full power stat acc enhancement to be minmaxed correctly tho, and a relic...

paowee
01.28.2014 , 01:55 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Got my best result with that technique now, though I've still messed sth. up in the middle:

3799,56 from Parse (3812,95 if calculated from time to kill 4:22.264)
http://www.torparse.com/a/568003/1/0/Damage+Dealt

Gear is BIS 78s except Random 78 earpiece (http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...8-50a14cb05247)
Skills 11-3-32 (some are using 11-2-33)
131 Crit
470 Surge
470 Accuracy

Man that specc is fun! :-)
And once more thanks Board for your writeup, used that to refine my approach.
(BTW you're the one who taught me how to Hybrid Sling before 2.0. as well :-))
You do have the highest (so far) parse for this spec Ardarel. And i've updated the OP of the dotsmash page for it Thanks Ardarel but this dotsmash is the work of multiple people! Especially ML_Doubletap who highlighted the 100% DOT uptime trick that is unique to this spec and ofcourse the actual people who brought it to light... chattrix, attix, kbn etc.

Anyway.. any light tips on focus/rage gen? Someone asked in swtorboard about resource management but he did not have a parse to show so it's hard to compare what he did less compared to yours, xiev's or lafay's parses.

Ardarell_Solo
01.28.2014 , 04:37 PM | #30
Alright, so thx und thumbsup to all people who digged that up!

And thank you for mentioning me in your guide, I'm flattered :-) If you want to, you can use my character's name, which is El'ethon.

About Rage/Focus:
One thing to do, as you mention in your guide, is keep Force Scream/Blade Storm on Cooldown, even if it's not during Heightened Power/Cascading Power, as this generally saves focus (Battle Cry/Momentum will pretty much always be up).
Apart from that, Focus/Rage is mainly a problem when you're approaching Smash/Force Sweep and you don't have enough Centering/Fury to pop Zen/Bersek during Heightened Power/Cascading Power, when you should use your hard hitters.
What I do in such a situation is, I deliberately cap Focus/Rage using Zealous Strike/Battering Assault or popping Zen/Berserk beforehand, even if I already have more than six focus - especially when I see that the free hard hitters Blade Storm/Force Scream, Master Strike/Ravage and Double Saber Throw/Twin Saber Throw are not going to be available after Smash/Force Sweep.
I also use Zealous Leap/Obliterate on high priority during Heightened Power/Cascading Power, as it hits fairly hard. That way I have one more GCD after Heightened Power/Cascading Power ends for Focus/Rage generation, before the next Smash/Force Sweep comes up. The Dominate/Felling Blow Buff lasts long enough so it will easily still be up then.
As mentioned above, I do include Double Saber Throw/Twin Saber Throw in my rotation as it simply eases Focus/Rage problems in general. If Heightened Power/Cascading Power is up and I'm Focus/Rage starved I use it rather than doing Strike/Assault.
But sometimes I'm still out of focus during Heightened Power/Cascading Power (messed sth up/bad planning), then I try to use Battering Assault/Zealous Strike early in the window to even that mistake out by spamming Slash/Vicious Slash afterwards.

Glad, if some of that might help :-)
T3-M4