Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should I trade in Artifice for Biochem?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Should I trade in Artifice for Biochem?

AlCiao
01.22.2014 , 09:57 AM | #1
I have Artifice at 400, but it's proven useless to me... instead of trying to get drops and RE them, I found me a generous crafter who is willing to trade any item mods for mats, who has all the recipes of everything through 31. On the other hand, I have seen these two very lovely items:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/306...e-resolve-stim
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/502...d-resolve-stim

Although it doesn't say so in that link, ingame references to those items mention that they require a Biochem skill. Am I to take this to mean that to even USE those items, you must have the requisite Biochem skill? Like if I bought them off GTN, I wouldn't be able to use it unless I had Biochem 400/450?

If this is the case, I very much think I would like to get Biochem on my main. To be clear, I'm necessarily interested in CRAFTING those stims, just in being able to use them should I procure one. Thanks! ^_^

Kain_Turinbar
01.22.2014 , 10:50 AM | #2
Yes the non-consumable stims require you to have biochem to use.

psandak
01.22.2014 , 11:50 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kain_Turinbar View Post
Yes the non-consumable stims require you to have biochem to use.
NOTE: The consumable stims last two hours, survive death, and have (slightly) better stats than the reusable version.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

TheSupaCoopa
01.23.2014 , 12:40 PM | #4
Duran'del here:

As a Biochemist, I will say this crewskill is overrated. I hardly find a use for Medpacks, and the blue stims are better than the purples stat-wise. However, you could run it on an alt and profit from the "free" stims you can craft.

Of course, you don't need stims, even for Eldergame Content. I've healed and DPS'd several SM Ops and HM FPs without a reflex stim. If you are a tank, you probably should get Biochem on an alt. The extra endurance and defense rating is EXTREMELY good for tanks, no matter what content you use.

Artifice does have something that is very, very good: Enhancements. Those sell for ~20k a pop on BC, and thats for Blue-grade ones at L53+. It also can help gearing up lowbie alts if you have a Cybertech character, too.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon