Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why this event sucks...

ZETA_SCORPII
01.22.2014 , 06:14 AM | #11
I am enjoying this event.

darkov
01.22.2014 , 06:28 AM | #12
I don't go in for daily grinds, but this is a nice event, especially as it added a new area.

My hope though is that even if the event ends, that they leave the spike/tunnels in place and repopulate them with something.

I'd like to see a new World Boss in there, maybe fill the tunnels with Killiks or something, then if the event comes back they can just have what there is now, with it modified slightly to have an infected version of the World Boss.

SacredSerpent
01.22.2014 , 06:43 AM | #13
Infecting a credit spammer is all the enjoyment I needed out of this event.
I should get an achievement for that.
Azmòdyus
The Serpent Legacy

befear
01.22.2014 , 06:54 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SacredSerpent View Post
Infecting a credit spammer is all the enjoyment I needed out of this event.
I should get an achievement for that.
Thanks for reminding me, I need to do this

Zero_Enna
01.22.2014 , 06:54 AM | #15
I bet level 55's PK'ing a level 25 gives the level 55 credit for pvp kill.
That is exactly how bad I think this event is.
MMO stagnation at its best.

Done and done, not even interested in this event anymore.

Legolose
01.22.2014 , 06:55 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Uelle View Post
I am personally pretty underwhelmed by this event. In fact I wouldn't call it an event, I'd call it a daily area.

The first event was so much better. It had a real hype to it and sense of community, the DNA samples were tradable meaning an alternative to combat: Those rich players who have played the game got to buy them from other players. The missions were released on different days.

This event just feels like the bounty and gree event. It's just another reputation grind. There's no rush to participate in this event. Not to mention the rewards are just copied from 2 years ago. I felt pretty cool running around with my pale raking and people ask me where I got it. But times change, people moan for things to come back and bioware gives them it

I don't think there has been much effort gone into this event, then again Bioware probably has a small team with all those layoffs and transition to F2P.

As an event ... 3/10

As a daily area...8/10
/boohoo !!! Geez !!! Here is a cookie !!! Happy
7 day free sub and stuff you click mine I click yours http://www.swtor.com/r/2JV8GN Bos'feratu |70| Sorcerer Bos'sidias |65| JuggernaughtVos'mauul |70| SentinelBos'andieria |65| SniperVos'feratu |65| MercenaryVos'arhire |65| SageVittonelle|65|GunslingerBos'barake|65|Commando

befear
01.22.2014 , 06:59 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Zero_Enna View Post
I bet level 55's PK'ing a level 25 gives the level 55 credit for pvp kill.
That is exactly how bad I think this event is.
MMO stagnation at its best.

Done and done, not even interested in this event anymore.
no it does not give credit. if you have a problem with pvp, don't flag

Banegio
01.22.2014 , 04:40 PM | #18
I don't blame your lack of faith given the devs recent effort.

But the event just get started. It may change your mind when the outbreak spreads to other planets

Infernixx
01.22.2014 , 04:49 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Uelle View Post
I am personally pretty underwhelmed by this event. In fact I wouldn't call it an event, I'd call it a daily area.

The first event was so much better. It had a real hype to it and sense of community, the DNA samples were tradable meaning an alternative to combat: Those rich players who have played the game got to buy them from other players. The missions were released on different days.

This event just feels like the bounty and gree event. It's just another reputation grind. There's no rush to participate in this event. Not to mention the rewards are just copied from 2 years ago. I felt pretty cool running around with my pale raking and people ask me where I got it. But times change, people moan for things to come back and bioware gives them it

I don't think there has been much effort gone into this event, then again Bioware probably has a small team with all those layoffs and transition to F2P.

As an event ... 3/10

As a daily area...8/10
I didn't know that they had Dewbacks back then. Awesome.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

ShmickB
01.22.2014 , 04:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by darkov View Post
My hope though is that even if the event ends, that they leave the spike/tunnels in place and repopulate them with something.

I'd like to see a new World Boss in there, maybe fill the tunnels with Killiks or something, then if the event comes back they can just have what there is now, with it modified slightly to have an infected version of the World Boss.
That is a great idea!

I hadn't thought about it before but you are right that Killicks would totally colonise these caves once the Raks are gone