Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I see where the inspiration for the Rakghoul cave came from...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I see where the inspiration for the Rakghoul cave came from...

dorpen
01.24.2014 , 08:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by xeikonburns View Post

About the moving or wiggling worms, in my opinion there would have been to many performance issues with something like that.
I wouldn't be surprised, guess I'm just spoiled from a game made in 2004 on an engine from 1999.

xeikonburns
01.24.2014 , 08:38 AM | #12
So while quoting its always nice to read the whole text, isn't it ?

Surely it's a bit weird that a two year old game can't handle simple emitters, but as we all know the engine is a "bit" crappy
Meister Roizan | Meister Shian'za | Major Dharane | Captain Syranio
Darth Xeikon | CdgJ Ozario | Agent Jarican | Ryozan

Gildenleiter von Finally Fixed - www.finally-fixed.de - T3-M4
REKRUTIERUNG OFFEN

Aries_cz
01.24.2014 , 09:46 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by xeikonburns View Post
Great Find OP

About the moving or wiggling worms, in my opinion there would have been to many performance issues with something like that. Seems to be a bit of a problem within the engine as soon as emitters for such objects are present as i've noticed massive framedrops within the czerka flashpoints (or even some caves on korriban) as soon as there is particle based fog (fire, etc.)

What still makes me wonder is the fact of rakghouls interbreeded with fungi, which twisted scientist made that happen ?
The engine handles background things moving around (like thrantas on alderaan) just fine, so it was probably a stylistic choice to not include moving parts in the tunnel. If only to have people complain less about it being too spooky or some other crap...
And as for particle effect, I have not noticed anything like that, and in early days, I played on computer from 2008 or possibly older on nearly maxed out details...
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

Rafaman
01.24.2014 , 10:16 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I've never played Gears of War 2, but omg, yes you're right too, it's very similar indeed.

Yep, I took a break and resubbed for the event...monthly so far, to see how things go, might go back to my usual 90 days if things look up. And thanks so much for the welcome back. Didn't think anyone actually noticed.
Sure we did. Many of us who have been around know you, and knew why you were taking a break. Glad to have you back for a while and maybe... who knows, we may get enough story to keep you here. Lol.