Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2.6 Galactic Starfighter updates

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
2.6 Galactic Starfighter updates

Sharee's Avatar


Sharee
01.24.2014 , 04:00 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
I.E if people are LoS'ing to defend their node you should not be allowed to just spam AoE at the turrets and take out the defenders that way. In short players should not be punished because the Ai can't dodge.
Hmm i wonder whether the following patch note is somehow related to the above:

Quote:
Mines and Drones are now hidden from ship’s Sensor Ring unless they are targeted by a player.

Delta_V's Avatar


Delta_V
01.24.2014 , 08:39 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharee View Post
Hmm i wonder whether the following patch note is somehow related to the above:
From the sound of that, they'll still be able to target them. I think that particular note is just an effort to reduce the clutter on your screen. From my limited experience w/ bombers on the PTS, if you had a couple of bombers at a satellite, all the mines/drones, combined w/ all the ships flying around, resulted in so many icons on your HUD that it became almost unreadable.

Flearos's Avatar


Flearos
01.24.2014 , 10:54 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Another Change many have probably not noticed, but a fully upgraded Charged Plating now only has 20% bleed through instead of 40% meaning Charge Plating is also likely to be more useful then it has been in the past. Especially since i dont think mines have armor piercing, and Shield Penetration is becoming much weaker across the board.
Charged plating will always be useless as long as 100% armor ignore remains on spam weapons. Missiles and torps its fine to have that anything else its absurd.

Caernos's Avatar


Caernos
01.24.2014 , 11:55 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Flearos View Post
Charged plating will always be useless as long as 100% armor ignore remains on spam weapons. Missiles and torps its fine to have that anything else its absurd.
It's late, and I'm tired so I apologize if this is incoherent or seems rather idiotic but I was under the impression that Charged plating was currently useless because of its bleedthrough; which combined with shield piercing made it as if you had no shields at all, not because 100% armor piercing was ignoring it. I thought that since charged plating is a shield component armor piercing doesn't actually affect it. It was also my impression that armor piercing only affected armor components, while shield piercing affects shields.

I'll admit though I could be completely wrong. Otherwise, if my understanding was correct then a weapon with 100% armor piercing should be able to neutralize the passive evasion bonus from light armor, making it more accurate in a fight with a scout.
Cynfor Cinderheart and the Cinderheart Legacy: The Ebon Hawk
The FanFic Works of Caernos:
Red Invitation, Parents,
Beskar Bonds and Cinder Hearts

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
01.25.2014 , 01:41 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Caernos View Post
It's late, and I'm tired so I apologize if this is incoherent or seems rather idiotic but I was under the impression that Charged plating was currently useless because of its bleedthrough; which combined with shield piercing made it as if you had no shields at all, not because 100% armor piercing was ignoring it. I thought that since charged plating is a shield component armor piercing doesn't actually affect it. It was also my impression that armor piercing only affected armor components, while shield piercing affects shields.

I'll admit though I could be completely wrong. Otherwise, if my understanding was correct then a weapon with 100% armor piercing should be able to neutralize the passive evasion bonus from light armor, making it more accurate in a fight with a scout.
Nope the only thing armor pen does is neutralize all Hull damage reduction thus why people think Charge plating is useless the on use ability wont do anything to stop the damage of the armor piercing weapons. Which is true, but i still wouldnt write it off with the change to the bleed through damage and with the fact that Armor Piercing weapons arent always as common as some seem to think.

That said its not neccisarily going to be all that useful, but at the same time it may very well not be useless any more even on servers with armor piercing, because with the change the Shields WILL drop before the Hull does so all it is doing is giving larger amount of EHP which can be useful when you can heal hull damage now thanks to bombers and Repair drones. All-in-all I am taking a wait and see mentality and I suggest the same approach for the rest of the people.