Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.6 Galactic Starfighter updates

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
2.6 Galactic Starfighter updates

-KeggER-
01.21.2014 , 08:28 PM | #1
Strikers getting some love with a new EMP missile, and railguns taking a hit that require a minimum charge to be fired... Im also excited about the new req gain breakdown!

Ships and Hangar•The dialog for new purchases within the Hangar has been enhanced to show the exact breakdown of Fleet and Ship Requisition to be used.
•Bomber base shields have been reduced to be on-par with Gunships, while their hull remains stronger than Strike Fighters.
•Selected ships can now be removed from the Readied Ship menu.
•Railgun weapons now require a minimum charge before firing.

Environments•Several force fields have been removed from the Abandoned Shipyards level in Domination mode.

Components and Crew•New Component: EMP Missile – The EMP Missile is now available for the Pike and Quell Strike Fighters!

•The EMP Missile is a counter to clustered enemies or mines and drones.
•On impact, it emits a 3000m radius pulse which damages and disables mines and drones.
•Any player ship caught in the blast will suffer minor damage, but have their systems rendered unusable.

read them al here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=715988
Keggêr - Pot5 [Def Squad] Imperial GSF Pilot / BH

PEW PEW to KILL

Delta_V
01.21.2014 , 09:09 PM | #2
Most of the changes seem decent.

I think Strikes could still use a buff to mobility, but the EMP missile sound like it could gives Strikes the utility that they so desperately lack right now.

Depending on how much of a charge you need to fire railguns, that could help w/ the Ion Railgun issue, but I'm guessing it's still going to be OP just because the AOE slow/energy drain is unrivaled by other abilities.

Looks like they fixed the bugged turrets in Domination, but I don't see anything about the invisible enemies bug, which absolutely needs to be fixed.

Verain
01.21.2014 , 09:12 PM | #3
Could we get a link to the actual changes? All I can find is some awful unparsed XML. There's a lot more changes than what you listed, ex, new novadive component.

-KeggER-
01.21.2014 , 09:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
Could we get a link to the actual changes? All I can find is some awful unparsed XML. There's a lot more changes than what you listed, ex, new novadive component.
added the link to my OP
Keggêr - Pot5 [Def Squad] Imperial GSF Pilot / BH

PEW PEW to KILL

Armonddd
01.21.2014 , 09:55 PM | #5
EMP missile will have the same main problem as ion railgun: it's not fun to play against. Fortunately, because it's a missile, it's fifty times harder to land one than it is the ion railgun... oh, wait, people are already encouraged to throw these at drones and mines. Well, alright then.

Minimum charge on railguns solves nothing, even if that minimum is 100%. Love taps might be gone, but banning a target from the game from outside of LoS is just unfair. Also, how does this interact with the current mechanic of a railgun firing when you run out of energy? Are love taps going to return in the form of intentionally draining your own weapon power so the game spams your shots for you? And, of course, there's half a dozen other problems with railguns that this doesn't even pretend to address.

I would give various unspecified favors to get into a teamspeak conversation with one of the devs, just so I can at least confirm whether or not they care about our feedback.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Verain
01.21.2014 , 09:59 PM | #6
Ugh, I guess the ones about the EMP explosion on Novadive isn't in the official notes yet?

Armonddd
01.21.2014 , 10:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
Ugh, I guess the ones about the EMP explosion on Novadive isn't in the official notes yet?
Oh dear. What's this about, then?
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Delta_V
01.21.2014 , 11:30 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
Oh dear. What's this about, then?
I'm not exactly sure. People complain about how much CC there is in ground PVP, and it looks like the devs are obsessed w/ overloading GSF w/ it as well. Oh, and all the recent dailies, including the new Rakghould Event, are littered w/ mobs that spam CC as well... it's like they don't understand how being unable to control your character/ship is simply not fun.

Armonddd
01.21.2014 , 11:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Delta_V View Post
I'm not exactly sure. People complain about how much CC there is in ground PVP, and it looks like the devs are obsessed w/ overloading GSF w/ it as well. Oh, and all the recent dailies, including the new Rakghould Event, are littered w/ mobs that spam CC as well... it's like they don't understand how being unable to control your character/ship is simply not fun.
I wouldn't mind CC nearly so much if I felt like there was something I could do to make it end early, similar to how GTAV lets you mash buttons to respawn faster or SSB:Brawl lets you use the sticks to control where you fly and break out of grabs early.

Verain
01.22.2014 , 12:11 AM | #10
The post basically says that it's a system component that temporarily disable engine abilities and also basically blows up mines and drones- the second part I suspect being the big deal.