Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Everyone play Pyro PT because I love explosion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Everyone play Pyro PT because I love explosion

Ottoattack
01.23.2014 , 10:42 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetideus View Post
The matchmaking system was offended in certain scenarios in solo ranked when there was no tank in the other team or 4 vs 4 dps. Which is no matter because almost no one queues. For unranked arenas, is too crapped to even state an argument.
Actually the only advantage of hybrid is against area attacks e.g predominantly smashers in arenas. Understandably, hiting 6.5 - 7.5k on tanks and 10+ on other poor classes and then only 4.5 on hybrid, is a source of frustration. Which BW eagerly relieved.
But AP as dps still kills smashers. BTW, the highest smash I have seen as AP PT was 6.1K and the majority are under 5K. Of course everyone now is switching to single target dps, cuz ops healers will heal through anything except a huge spike in damage. Pyro is a bit overrated, it just works great against warriors, which compromise easy 50% of PvP population, thus the assumption is that they are OP. That doesn't meant they are not good.

Of course the hybrid AP was OP and needed to go. You are not supposed to be doing 1K+ damage while guarding a healer.

Aetideus
01.24.2014 , 03:47 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
But AP as dps still kills smashers. BTW, the highest smash I have seen as AP PT was 6.1K and the majority are under 5K. Of course everyone now is switching to single target dps, cuz ops healers will heal through anything except a huge spike in damage. Pyro is a bit overrated, it just works great against warriors, which compromise easy 50% of PvP population, thus the assumption is that they are OP. That doesn't meant they are not good.

Of course the hybrid AP was OP and needed to go. You are not supposed to be doing 1K+ damage while guarding a healer.
Full AP defences against rage spec are better than tank still.

Machshoot
01.24.2014 , 03:55 AM | #33
I've been playing shield tech for a while now, and I am incredibly bored of it. The only reason I went ST was due to the lack of tanks that I saw in WZ's, and wanting to be a beefbag. I am going to be dropping a ton of comms switching my gear over to pyro in the coming weeks.

Cempa
01.24.2014 , 04:58 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
Probably went to an Islamic school.
More crimes and murders have been committed in the name of Christianity than any other religion on Earth...
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

Tevzz
01.24.2014 , 08:13 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Machshoot View Post
I've been playing shield tech for a while now, and I am incredibly bored of it. The only reason I went ST was due to the lack of tanks that I saw in WZ's, and wanting to be a beefbag. I am going to be dropping a ton of comms switching my gear over to pyro in the coming weeks.
Nuuuuuu!!!! Get the Prototype!!! It's so much better, and seeing 4k+ Prototype Flamethrower ticks is amazing, try throwing that on your healer when he's getting focused by monkeys...and watch him be the only one come out of there alive LOL
Vanov - CarnageVanôv - VengeanceDarrthvanov - DeceptionVânôv - FocusVa'nov - APVânov - Concealment
The Shadowlands - Reading Rainbow - Triumph

Hei_Atzfel
01.24.2014 , 08:15 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
Darkness hybrid should not exist. Bioware has tried to kill out hybrid specs over, and over again. They just keep failing.
What's wrong with hybrids? It's not like I'm taking HALF the tree, it's just 11/33/2

Treblt
01.25.2014 , 10:59 AM | #37
Pyro is best spec, this is common knowledge because incendiary round, assault plastique, sticky grenade, HiB, stockstrike is the best way to kill anything. First off- its got two explosions. Secondly, its got a cool HiB sound. Finally, you get to hit some ***** in the face. Even if it did 0 damage it would still be best spec world and that's what you guys do not realize.
Mtofpo- Fajfyxc- Comedown

Treblt
01.28.2014 , 11:47 PM | #38
Just needed to rebump
Mtofpo- Fajfyxc- Comedown

Jetflair
01.29.2014 , 03:17 AM | #39
Its dull as hell. I wish I could respect my vanguard to some other AC. I always try to play it but at best it feels medicore. Its even duller than being a smasher. Explosions are dull and slow. Also cant remember maybe one or two pyros I've found annoying. Most of players simply seem to ignore pyros I've noticed.

Maybe they shine in ranked arena, but low level pvp, higher level warzones and pve seem not to have them quite much.

Troopers are second least popular class in game propably because many people like commmandos/bountyhunters. Without it would be least popular IMHO.

Campaigner
01.29.2014 , 05:48 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Treblt View Post
Hi, you should all play Pyro Powertechs after 2.6, because concealment is getting buffed and no one likes those stun lock unsubs anyways, so you roll a class that makes them cry like a high school girl having her first
1) Explosion, and if you stack multiple explosions you get this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og7yN...re=c4-overview

2) If that was not enough reason then this should be - Pyro is best spec world
I'm pretty sure everyone has already tried Pyro Powertech, the easiest FOTM class in the game.
OldTraunus (Formerly Traunus from SoEK)
Prophecy of the Five
<Old Republic War>