Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Everyone play Pyro PT because I love explosion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Everyone play Pyro PT because I love explosion

Zoom_VI
01.23.2014 , 10:01 AM | #21
pssh assault is better than pyro, incendiary round and Assault plastique are best explosions ever.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Treblt
01.23.2014 , 12:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
pssh assault is better than pyro, incendiary round and Assault plastique are best explosions ever.
Am glad you can agree with the basis of my argument. Explosions are best, which is why I play a VG instead of my lame old classes of Sentinel and Sage. No explosions on those toons, but explosions are grande on lil-dougie.
Mtofpo- Fajfyxc- Comedown

TheCourier-
01.23.2014 , 12:18 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Why would it suck for snipers anymore than currently? How is it any different than what deception assassins do? And even after 2.6 they will still be the better burst spec.
Deception assassin can't cleanse sniper's two roots that is heavily relies on. Scrapper can.

Raansu
01.23.2014 , 12:47 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
Deception assassin can't cleanse sniper's two roots that is heavily relies on. Scrapper can.
Force shroud...

Sideblaze
01.23.2014 , 03:25 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
It's going to suck to be a sniper after this patch, but smash monkeys, carnage maras, sins, and most juggs are going to be fine - and all of those can wreck a pyro PT if played right.
There is a problem here, I can't quite put my finger on it.

Hei_Atzfel
01.23.2014 , 04:17 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
Shroud cleanses roots and my darkness hybrid's force speed purges roots. So yes, yes we can

KBsFuRy
01.23.2014 , 04:33 PM | #27
Explosions?

I might have to switch my toons name to Mr. Torgue
Hyde - Vanguard
Botch - Commando
Nambu - Scoundrel
The Harbinger Server

TheCourier-
01.23.2014 , 04:58 PM | #28
Force shroud...
3 seconds.... say hello to debilitate....say hello to losing a DPS race with a sniper while stunned....defense chance goes to 0 while stunned....that makes deflection useless while stunned....marksman spec can do 10000 white damage during a 4 second stun....the sniper uses dodge while the assassin mauls....

Dodge not only cleanses roots, it protects against most of snipers' damage.

Assassin can win 1 vs 1 against snipers, but operative is stronger against snipers than assassin is. Snipers have almost no defense against tech attacks, and almost all of operative's attacks are tech. Operative can also flashbang then heal.

TheCourier-
01.23.2014 , 04:59 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Hei_Atzfel View Post
Shroud cleanses roots and my darkness hybrid's force speed purges roots. So yes, yes we can
Darkness hybrid should not exist. Bioware has tried to kill out hybrid specs over, and over again. They just keep failing.

Aetideus
01.23.2014 , 06:44 PM | #30
"smashers" were not crying for a hybrid nerf. Everyone was because it breaks the matchmaking system. You had a spec that had fairly decent defensive utility that could also put out good dps. It wasn't broken per say, but it did **** with the balance of matchmaking and it made tanks more or less obsolete in arenas because even team ranked was running them.

Personally I think hybrids should never be allowed. 36 points should be required in a single tree before being allowed to put points into another tree do stop these matchmaking situations where people are being marked as dps but are actually healing/tanking. I don't think its broken or OP, but in a matchmaking environment it breaks the tool that is trying to form balanced teams.
The matchmaking system was offended in certain scenarios in solo ranked when there was no tank in the other team or 4 vs 4 dps. Which is no matter because almost no one queues. For unranked arenas, is too crapped to even state an argument.
Actually the only advantage of hybrid is against area attacks e.g predominantly smashers in arenas. Understandably, hiting 6.5 - 7.5k on tanks and 10+ on other poor classes and then only 4.5 on hybrid, is a source of frustration. Which BW eagerly relieved.