Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Everyone play Pyro PT because I love explosion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Everyone play Pyro PT because I love explosion

Treblt's Avatar


Treblt
01.21.2014 , 04:51 PM | #1
Hi, you should all play Pyro Powertechs after 2.6, because concealment is getting buffed and no one likes those stun lock unsubs anyways, so you roll a class that makes them cry like a high school girl having her first
1) Explosion, and if you stack multiple explosions you get this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og7yN...re=c4-overview

2) If that was not enough reason then this should be - Pyro is best spec world
Mtofpo- Fajfyxc- Comedown

Brunner_Venda's Avatar


Brunner_Venda
01.21.2014 , 05:13 PM | #2
It's going to suck to be a sniper after this patch, but smash monkeys, carnage maras, sins, and most juggs are going to be fine - and all of those can wreck a pyro PT if played right.

Anything with a decent DCD or two is going to be all right against operatives. A fully DPS geared OP is going to bounce off of a good tank.

Healers, maybe not so much. But these forums have whined about healers forever.

Z-ToXiN's Avatar


Z-ToXiN
01.21.2014 , 05:28 PM | #3
I planned to do that anyway.

And yes, running multiple powertechs in warzones and coordinating fire effects/explosions is both great fun to watch and very effective.

Sometimes me and my friends will do a 3 or 4 powertech premade and coordinate Death from Above and Flamethrowers.... much fire and destruction.
ADRAAJ
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ JuGGERNAUT◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // MAINTAIN ANARCHY

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
01.21.2014 , 05:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
It's going to suck to be a sniper after this patch, but smash monkeys, carnage maras, sins, and most juggs are going to be fine - and all of those can wreck a pyro PT if played right.

Anything with a decent DCD or two is going to be all right against operatives. A fully DPS geared OP is going to bounce off of a good tank.

Healers, maybe not so much. But these forums have whined about healers forever.
Why would it suck for snipers anymore than currently? How is it any different than what deception assassins do? And even after 2.6 they will still be the better burst spec.

Even though stealthers are supposed to be snipers direct counter, the class still has like 5 different ways to completely shut down a scrapper so I really don't see the issue.

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
01.22.2014 , 10:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Treblt View Post
like a high school girl having her first Explosion
Huh ?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Cordorian's Avatar


Cordorian
01.22.2014 , 10:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
Probably went to an Islamic school.
i know this is totally political incorrect, but really fell off my chair laughing

Brohsif's Avatar


Brohsif
01.22.2014 , 04:45 PM | #7
Ap/Tactics is worst spec world compared to pyro. I laugh all day at idiots who play ap or any other spec in this game
Blanket/Bacon'n'eggs
<Motorcycle Cleave>

Tevzz's Avatar


Tevzz
01.22.2014 , 04:56 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Brohsif View Post
Ap/Tactics is worst spec world compared to pyro. I laugh all day at idiots who play ap or any other spec in this game
Lol, somebody obviously doesn't understand why people bring AP w/ Ion Cell in Arenas...imo AP>>>>>Pyro, you get much more utility and you're much more durable, not to mention Stabilized Armor, which is a totally epic talent for mid range/melee-based classes, and only AP get it.

Aetideus's Avatar


Aetideus
01.22.2014 , 05:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tevzz View Post
Lol, somebody obviously doesn't understand why people bring AP w/ Ion Cell in Arenas...imo AP>>>>>Pyro, you get much more utility and you're much more durable, not to mention Stabilized Armor, which is a totally epic talent for mid range/melee-based classes, and only AP get it.
The smashers that cry for PT hybrid nerf - and they got it - do not understand that the survivability comes from that skill and rebraced armor

Tevzz's Avatar


Tevzz
01.22.2014 , 05:20 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetideus View Post
The smashers that cry for PT hybrid nerf - and they got it - do not understand that the survivability comes from that skill and rebraced armor
Can't expect smashers to understand other specs man...understanding how Smash works probably takes up all the mental effort they can spare :P