Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[BUG] Rakghoul Event, Did not receive canister

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
[BUG] Rakghoul Event, Did not receive canister
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wishingwell
01.21.2014 , 12:31 PM | #1
UPDATE:
If you're having this problem, submit an in-game ticket. I just received a reply which was actually pretty awesome. They'll fix it for you. (Or at least they should be able to. It's taking longer for some people unfortunately.)

SHORT VERSION:
There is a bug where some players do not receive the same rewards for the quest The Tunnel Network/Navigating the Tunnels as other players. The canister is missing from the rewards and doesn't even seem to be there in the quest log when the quest is picked up. This seems to be a problem for most Imperial characters under level 53. This is the only report of a Republic character with this problem that I have seen.

UPDATE:
Here is a screenshot of the rewards received by my level 45 Sniper: No canister given.
(More screenshots when I'm able to run more characters through, hopefully with at least one Imperial getting a canister for comparison.)

Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
To summarize, here are the rewards for both quests:

[DAILY] The Tunnel Network - Empire
1x THORN Booster Pin (Level 1-55)
1x Planetary Commendation (Level 1-52) or 2x Basic Commendation (Level 53-55)
1x Rakghoul DNA Canister (Level 53-55)

[DAILY] Navigating the Tunnels - Republic
1x THORN Booster Pin (Level 1-55)
1x Planetary Commendation (Level 1-52) or 2x Basic Commendation (Level 53-55)
1x Rakghoul DNA Canister (Level 1-55)

As you can see, Republic players are at an unfair advantage because they can get a Rakghoul DNA Canister with toons below level 53, while Imperial players need to be at level 53 to 55 to receive the Rakghoul DNA Canister.
Please fix the rewards so that both factions will get the same items.
I've decided to make a list of character types who did not receive a canister so far. These are my own characters, characters from my guild and characters mentioned by others.
Level 45 Sniper
Level 32 Sorcerer
Level ?? Warrior
Level 52 Assassin
Level 35 Mercenary
Level 48 Mercenary
Level 47 Juggernaut
Level 26 Sniper
Level 26 Mercenary
Level 33 Assassin
Level ?? Juggernaut
Level ?? Mercenary
Level ?? Sniper
Level 45 Sniper
Level 36 Mercenary
Level 30 Sniper
Level 45 Mercenary

LINKS TO OTHER THREADS ABOUT THIS:
* Why does the Rakghoul Tunnel Scanning Daily not give DNA Canister sub-55?
* THORN Rep Ripoff

_____
ORIGINAL POST:
I just ran the basic dailies (not the heroic and not the exploding/infecting one, just the ones from the terminal) for the Rak event on one lowbie Imperial and one lowbie Republic character. I also took them out to see Jeelvic. They should have both ended up with 2 canisters.

However, my Imperial character has only one canister. I know I moved the canister to another spot in my inventory when I got it from Jeelvic's mission, so that means the canister that should have been rewarded from The Tunnel Network/Navigating the Tunnels did not end up in my inventory.

Since I did her quest first, I didn't really notice. But when I did my Republic character's quests, I was surprised to see a canister as a reward. I went back and double-checked my Sorc, and sure enough, she has only one canister.

Tukilusmu
01.21.2014 , 12:55 PM | #2
Same. My Sith Warrior got only 1 Canister after Tunnel Network and Jeelvic. But I did the same with my Ops healer, and got both canisters

wishingwell
01.21.2014 , 03:16 PM | #3
Just adding a little update --

I had a chance to run my level 45 Sniper through, and she did not receive a canister for The Tunnel Network either. I'll start making a list of character types who have and have not received it in my original post and add screenshots of the quest rewards when I can.

BansheeScream
01.22.2014 , 07:36 AM | #4
Had this same problem, no Rakghoul DNA Canister in mission rewards for (DAILY) The Tunnel Network

wishingwell
01.22.2014 , 02:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BansheeScream View Post
Had this same problem, no Rakghoul DNA Canister in mission rewards for (DAILY) The Tunnel Network
Submit an in-game ticket with your character's name and server. They should be able to mail you something.

Cawyden
01.23.2014 , 02:09 PM | #6
Same problem twice - yesterday and today. Level 52 Sith Assassin.

Wodaz
01.23.2014 , 07:48 PM | #7
Same issue since Tuesday, never receive canister from "Tunnel Network" quest. Filed ticket.
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I'm kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"
Free Character Transfer and stuff -----> http://www.swtor.com/r/f39w6v

Transairion
01.23.2014 , 10:30 PM | #8
Submitted a ticket pertaining to my two lvl 40 range Imperials, the only two not to get DNA Canisters from the Scanning Daily.

Cryoguns
01.23.2014 , 10:58 PM | #9
Here were the results from my run on the Rakghoul event tonight. I reported both of the ones that did not get the Rakghoul DNA canister as a reward in-game. These same two characters also did not get it last night (each only as 1 canister in inventory which is from the jawa vendor mission even though they also ran this mission yesterday).

[DAILY] The Tunnel Network run 1/23/14
55 Powertech - received
55 Assassin - received
55 Sentinel - received
55 Gunslinger - received
53 Juggernaut - received
45 Vanguard - received
33 Sage - received
26 sniper - did not receive, not on rewards list.
26 Mercenary - did not receive, not on rewards list.

25 Shadow - received

Przemo_No
01.24.2014 , 01:40 AM | #10
My 47 Juggernaut also has not received the canister. Twice.

1st i thought it was due to some level restriction (?), but when my lvl32 Vanquard DID receive it, I am sure it is a bug.

Thus the Tunnel Navigation Mission rewards is bugged, mostly for ppl on 40-ish.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.