Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakghoul Resurgence event guide [WIP]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rakghoul Resurgence event guide [WIP]

Damask_Rose
01.21.2014 , 08:21 AM | #11
Is it possible to earn all of the rewards as a solo player or is it like Gree where you pretty much have to raid to get enough event currency to buy the rewards? The Gree event is far too raid or die for my tastes and it looks like they might have ruined Rakghoul with the same focus.

On a related note, I'd be happy to switch guilds if there are any mature, friendly guilds on Po5 that wouldn't mind my casual, altoholic ways. My 55s are on the Empire side, but my Republic characters will get there soon too. I'd love to start doing HM flashpoints and SM ops, but my skin isn't thick enough to pug them.
Still waiting for Quinn's "meaningful" reunion!

Torenator
01.21.2014 , 08:27 AM | #12
How long will this event last? I'm worried about getting all my alts through it before it goes away.

I'm assuming it needs to last at least several weeks due to the rep needed for legend status and the weekly rep cap (see dulfy for numbers).

Anybody know the event duration?

Rankyn
01.21.2014 , 08:29 AM | #13
Is it wrong that I anticipate Dulfy's guides almost more than the event itself?

ToMyMa
01.21.2014 , 08:44 AM | #14
What is the rakghoul event on Corellia? Did I miss something?

DimmuJanKaarl
01.21.2014 , 08:48 AM | #15
Thanks for the info!

A couple of questions:

- are the event tokens (rak canisters) BoP? or can we send them to alts? very annoyed that I have all those unused gree tokens sitting unused on alts
- any idea how long this event will last? I'm wondering just how nuts I have to go repeating dailies and Eyeless raids across alts to get Legend rep before it ends or if it's even possible with the 12k rep weekly cap. not very fun to have to wait until after the event is over to get Legend. so ideally the event will last 6 weeks (is it 70k total rep? can't remember)

This feels like another one-off event (I don't call 2 years recurring) so I'm concerned that I have to go crazy taking off work on Tuesdays and running raid after raid stacking purple trophies across all my 55 alts to get enough banked before the event ends in order to hit legend by the 5th or 6th weekly rep cap reset. would be much more fun if I could take my time :/
**Von-Gorgoroth Legacy** [[Jedi Covenant]] LIVING LEGEND
||MASTER CRAFTSMAN|| //Founder// :: -LEGENDARY-
Main: Dimmu'jan-kaarl 65 Watchman Sentinel

Iwipe
01.21.2014 , 08:51 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DimmuJanKaarl View Post
Thanks for the info!

A couple of questions:

- are the event tokens (rak canisters) BoP? or can we send them to alts? very annoyed that I have all those unused gree tokens sitting unused on alts
- any idea how long this event will last? I'm wondering just how nuts I have to go repeating dailies and Eyeless raids across alts to get Legend rep before it ends or if it's even possible with the 12k rep weekly cap. not very fun to have to wait until after the event is over to get Legend. so ideally the event will last 6 weeks (is it 70k total rep? can't remember)

This feels like another one-off event (I don't call 2 years recurring) so I'm concerned that I have to go crazy taking off work on Tuesdays and running raid after raid stacking purple trophies across all my 55 alts to get enough banked before the event ends in order to hit legend by the 5th or 6th weekly rep cap reset. would be much more fun if I could take my time :/
DNA Canisters are unfortunately BOP. No idea on length sorry but it does seems to be a recurring one as Alderaan is not the only planet with this event it appears.

DarthTHC
01.21.2014 , 08:54 AM | #17
Thank you, Dulfy. Great info as always.

As to the event, I find myself underwhelmed with the content and rewards. I suppose it's something else to do in game but it just doesn't inspire within me the desire to go do it.

Oh well. There's plenty of other stuff to do, right?

Elminster_cs
01.21.2014 , 08:54 AM | #18
There is also a world boss that drop something...
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

DimmuJanKaarl
01.21.2014 , 08:56 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
DNA Canisters are unfortunately BOP. No idea on length sorry but it does seems to be a recurring one as Alderaan is not the only planet with this event it appears.
Wow more than just Alderaan?? Can you give any other details on that? Do you mean the plague will spread later and we will be able to continue working the event elsewhere? Or you mean it will end on Alderaan then pickup later on another planet? I'm guessing that means it will have the same or similar cadence as Gree but at some point they will run out of planets
**Von-Gorgoroth Legacy** [[Jedi Covenant]] LIVING LEGEND
||MASTER CRAFTSMAN|| //Founder// :: -LEGENDARY-
Main: Dimmu'jan-kaarl 65 Watchman Sentinel

ninjonxb
01.21.2014 , 08:57 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
I have not had a chance to get online but what do you mean?

Are there hints towards other planets?

Or is it actually live on other planets now. I didn't see anything on your guide about anything other than alderaan?