Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Warrior a Darth or Lord?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Warrior a Darth or Lord?

Sadishist
01.20.2014 , 06:16 AM | #1
Codex entry for Darth title for SW:
Quote:
The Dark Council officially recognized your authority as a Darth after you defeated Darth Baras.
So is Emperor's Wrath a Darth by canon, or just a Lord like Scourge?
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion

LordGarmaZabi
01.20.2014 , 06:18 AM | #2
Pretty sure Emperor's Wrath is it's own rank.
Sieg Zeon !

BenKatarn
01.20.2014 , 07:07 AM | #3
To my recollection, the "Darth" title for Sith Warriors was shoehorned in shortly before the game went live. Originally, Warriors would officially be recognized as the "Emperor's Wrath" by the Dark Council upon you dealing with Baras and that would have been your title instead of Darth. But apparently, there were both people who were whining about being spoiled by the title and those who wanted to also be a Darth.

Hence, the "Emperor's Wrath" title was removed and Warriors got the "Darth" instead.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Sadishist
01.20.2014 , 07:37 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
To my recollection, the "Darth" title for Sith Warriors was shoehorned in shortly before the game went live. Originally, Warriors would officially be recognized as the "Emperor's Wrath" by the Dark Council upon you dealing with Baras and that would have been your title instead of Darth. But apparently, there were both people who were whining about being spoiled by the title and those who wanted to also be a Darth.

Hence, the "Emperor's Wrath" title was removed and Warriors got the "Darth" instead.
Yeah just talking about the story.

BenKatarn
01.20.2014 , 07:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Yeah just talking about the story.
If it's of any more help, the initial questgiver for the Oricon storyline on Vaiken Spacedock will refer to the Warrior as "Lord Wrath".
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Sadishist
01.20.2014 , 08:05 AM | #6
If it's of any more help, the initial questgiver for the Oricon storyline on Vaiken Spacedock will refer to the Warrior as "Lord Wrath".
Well Palps refers to Vader as "Lord Vader", but we know Vader's real title.

Terro_Fett
01.20.2014 , 08:05 AM | #7
The Emperor's Wrath is technically a Lord. Post act 3 dialogue has most NPCs referring to you as Lord Wrath, etc. and never as Darth, ever.
Deloth Vyrr - Progression Raid Leader
R E I G N
Sith Empire

Sadishist
01.20.2014 , 08:08 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Terro_Fett View Post
The Emperor's Wrath is technically a Lord. Post act 3 dialogue has most NPCs referring to you as Lord Wrath, etc. and never as Darth, ever.
Yes and Mighty Wrath as well.

Karkais
01.20.2014 , 08:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Terro_Fett View Post
Emperor's wrath is its own title, but the player character gets access to title "Darth" the same as inquisitor once story has advanced enough. So I would say warrior is 'Darth'.

Sounds plausible. I don't think there is much actual difference between 'lord' and 'darth'. This is fiction, after all.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Terro_Fett
01.20.2014 , 08:31 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Sounds plausible. I don't think there is much actual difference between 'lord' and 'darth'. This is fiction, after all.
Darth Baras actually gives you a lesson on the difference between a Lord and a Darth at the end of Warrior Act 1. There is a distinct difference.

Also, the inquisitor is declared a Darth by Darth Marr at the end of their story in addition to receiving the title. The Warrior receives the title as well but no one ever declares him as such at any point in the story.

Also for those who played in Beta like myself know that yes, Darth was originally unavailable to the Warrior, we got "The Emperor's Wrath" title instead, but a lot of QQ resulted in it getting changed.
Deloth Vyrr - Progression Raid Leader
R E I G N
Sith Empire