Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vigilance Guardian PVE compedium by Rydarus V2 (Updated for 2.6)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Vigilance Guardian PVE compedium by Rydarus V2 (Updated for 2.6)

GrandLordMenace
01.19.2014 , 06:31 PM | #1
READ ME!!!

Last Updated for: Patch 3.0

THIS GUIDE IS NOW OBSELETE! ALL DEVELOPMENT FOR 3.0 IS CURRENTLY BEING WORKED ON AT DULFY.NET FOR THE TIME BEING

Due to limited time I cannot work on the forum guide ATM, please refer to the Dulfy website specifically on the Republic side for the latest information.

Dulfy Guide: http://dulfy.net/2014/01/30/swtor-vi...s-class-guide/
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game

Riivan
01.19.2014 , 08:53 PM | #2
Why is this a new thread and not an update on your other one? Learn from MattMonkey and the others and stop cluttering up the forums.

GrandLordMenace
01.19.2014 , 09:05 PM | #3
I'm switching accounts on the forums and I am unsubbing on my other account. I took this as an opportunity to overhaul the thread as i cannot edit the old thread from this account. Otherwise I would update the original.

Manweth
01.19.2014 , 09:59 PM | #4
I'd wait for 2.6 to come on live and do extensive testing before editing and posting though.

I've a feeling that we will need to refine certain aspects again.

Note: "so in a few words, it hits like a truck on steroids and crack at the same time." This part gets me laughing every time.
Manw, Former Vigilance Player and Guardian Advocate.
Former Raider. Eternal Revan Fanboy.
Nothing else matters at this point.

GrandLordMenace
01.19.2014 , 10:00 PM | #5
From passive inference, I know that the opening is edited.

I wrote it into the guide but basically we go plasma, master strike, overhead, blade storm, master strike.

Because we cannot proc the MS with just one ability anymore we can semifrontload the burns in the opening. Its also easier to pull off tanks now

Manweth
01.19.2014 , 10:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandLordMenace View Post
From passive inference, I know that the opening is edited.

I wrote it into the guide but basically we go plasma, master strike, overhead, blade storm, master strike.

Because we cannot proc the MS with just one ability anymore we can semifrontload the burns in the opening. Its also easier to pull off tanks now
I was already a pain in their bottoms, ah, the sweet sound of "GUARD ZE GUARDDIIIIAAAAN!" will ring more clearly

That opener was the same one I was theorizing, but I was thinking more about the continuation. Where to place dispatch and such.

Also, the last paragraph has a "Vigilance is a high RNG spec." sentence.

Well, not anymore!
Manw, Former Vigilance Player and Guardian Advocate.
Former Raider. Eternal Revan Fanboy.
Nothing else matters at this point.

GrandLordMenace
01.19.2014 , 11:33 PM | #7
-brainfart, thanks for the correction friend

Kaos_KidSWTOR
01.22.2014 , 03:51 PM | #8
Been leveling my Guardian now since A. leveling a Sin, to me as Tank is boring as all getout and it's rotation is so tight it's not even funny. and B. Vigilance Guardian is FUN! and I have a couple things.

Is it 100% needed to have 150 crit? Can a full Power Build with Surge work out aswell? my dad hits 23% Tech crit with his Merc healer and we have 6% force crit for free so, I think that a full power build in theory would actually deal more damage along with having all the datacrons we can have. Allthough my Guardian is only level 38 so I cant really test these things out, I would like to have a Min - Maxed guardian even though I don't play a whole lot of Repside.

Also, what Relics should you aim for? Serendip Assault and Focused Retribution/Boundless Ages/Crit Proc Relic? I skimmed the guide and may have skipped the relic section, but what are the BIS relics?

GrandLordMenace
01.22.2014 , 04:04 PM | #9
At the bottom there is a gearing section.

150 crit is pretty much needed in full 78s or the whereabouts. You do however, want an alt set with 0 crit.

You also need 100/110/110 accuracy.

I cover all this in the guide.

And the Vigilance rotation in 2.6 is as tight if not tighter than shadow. You will be using your procs just barely by the skin of your teeth.

Keleus
01.22.2014 , 04:27 PM | #10
Honestly that bit about Up Time and "Do You Know" made me feel like a gosh darn pro again.

Thank you for that.
ị█████{||}▓▓▓▓|Ξ|/██████████████████████████████████)