Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can a Dps Jugg wear light armor in PVE content.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can a Dps Jugg wear light armor in PVE content.

Shariljay
01.19.2014 , 05:11 PM | #1
Swtor is a great game and i am a fan of making my char look as devious as possible( i bet everyone does). So heres my qn, is it logical for a dps jugg who shudnt get hit in ops to wear light armor. Just for the looks. What's everyones take on it?

Savej
01.19.2014 , 05:14 PM | #2
You can do it but you're better off wearing adaptive gear that looks like light armor.

Magnusheart
01.19.2014 , 05:23 PM | #3
Bad idea. for PvE content. you'll get squished like a bug.

There should be plenty of adaptive versions out there to use for most stock itemization versions.

Pscyon
01.19.2014 , 05:28 PM | #4
Bad idea for "serious" PvE content i.e. flashpoints/heroics/operations. For regular questing you can get by but that's pretty much it. As the others mentioned there's plenty of light-looking adaptive armour out there though.
Sith Sorcerer

sharpenedstick
01.19.2014 , 09:09 PM | #5
There are people on MMOs who insist on doing sub-optimal things just to do them. If you are one of those people, you can probably find a work around, you'll just be less effective. if you're not, as has been pointed out, the odds are very good that there's adaptive armor with the look you want.

Andryah
01.19.2014 , 09:29 PM | #6
It's a game. You can do and wear anything you want. You can play your character sans armor, if you want to.

However, if you are going to be grouping with other players, you owe it them to wear appropriate gear and play your class and spec appropriately. You don't have to of course, but then don't come back to the forum and complain that you got vote_kicked.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Rafaman
01.19.2014 , 10:27 PM | #7
Well... you can do it, but it isn't logical. Your armor rating will suffer and you will see a significant increase in damage taken. Your heals would probably be the first to call you out on it or... simply let you die.

With all the adaptive armor out there though, I don't see why you can't find that unique look in heavy armor.