Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Armortech] Low Level Armortech and SynthWeaving needs to be able to make all slots.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Armortech] Low Level Armortech and SynthWeaving needs to be able to make all slots.

CaliJoe
01.19.2014 , 04:40 AM | #1
I find it frustrating that I cannot make all my armor pieces throughout the levels. Think of all the credits I could save! Making mods to fill adaptive armor is extremely time consuming. I think I am torturing myself by rolling 7 toons all at the same low level while my 50 commando/armstech is just chillin out.
Wild speculation on forums? When does that happen? The Harbinger - Fumanshu Legacy
Repub: Jafaean(Arms), Zelgen(Artifice), Espellah(Cyber), Jabender(Synthweave)
Imp: Vindrock(Armor), Antshell(BioChem), Li'Larish, Kenevil

psandak
01.19.2014 , 10:02 AM | #2
Short answer: NO

Long answer: Hell NO!!! Having different crew skills crafting different slots promotes trade between players. It also encourages "independent souls" - like you AND me - to replay the game making alts to cover all the bases.

CaliJoe
01.20.2014 , 12:20 PM | #3
Perhaps I wasn't clearly stating. For instance, I can make boots and belts. Then boots, belts, hand. Then boots, belts hands, chest, bracers. Finally all slots at like 24-26. Running around without a headgear or bracers. Bleh. Maybe it's just me.
Wild speculation on forums? When does that happen? The Harbinger - Fumanshu Legacy
Repub: Jafaean(Arms), Zelgen(Artifice), Espellah(Cyber), Jabender(Synthweave)
Imp: Vindrock(Armor), Antshell(BioChem), Li'Larish, Kenevil

psandak
01.20.2014 , 12:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CaliJoe View Post
Perhaps I wasn't clearly stating. For instance, I can make boots and belts. Then boots, belts, hand. Then boots, belts hands, chest, bracers. Finally all slots at like 24-26. Running around without a headgear or bracers. Bleh. Maybe it's just me.
And take a look at when you get your first head piece quest reward: approximately level 23 (I remember because I crafted a helmet for an alt that had a level requirement of 24 and I got my first helmet as a reward just before I was able to equip the crafted piece; the crafted shell was "fugly" but it had an augment slot, so I kept it for a LONG time). So the design intent is for no character to have head gear before the low 20s. Working as intended.

The "work-around" is BoL adaptive gear and a cybertech or planetary comms. But that is also working as intended: veteran players who have done the leveling thing before have a faster progression track than new players.

Mmurph
01.21.2014 , 11:19 AM | #5
On the imp side you get a head piece reward around level 15, about the time you get the mission to go to Grathan's compound. I've also gotten one from the random box after BT/Esseles

scarlet_magpie
01.24.2014 , 07:20 AM | #6
everyone gets FOUR full sets of adaptive armour at lvl1.....

Size-Matters-Not
01.24.2014 , 09:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by scarlet_magpie View Post
^This.

Which leads crafting blues as synth/armor while leveling seem worthless, while bio/cyber is a much better proposition, but still less than three gather. If you're leveling alts, send the mods through legacy. Plus, you can't mix/max unless in orange.

Synth/armor/artiface only seem to be good for augs.
Bloodfin: <Fight> Gabriel-Leo, SizeMatters Not

psandak
01.24.2014 , 11:11 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Size-Matters-Not View Post
^This.

Which leads crafting blues as synth/armor while leveling seem worthless, while bio/cyber is a much better proposition, but still less than three gather. If you're leveling alts, send the mods through legacy. Plus, you can't mix/max unless in orange.

Synth/armor/armstech only seem to be good for augs.
fixed. but armstech sells barrels too

psandak
01.24.2014 , 11:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by scarlet_magpie View Post
But no mods to install and planetary comms item mods are a minimum level 13 (I know because I recently checked). So any new player cannot take advantage for a quite some time.

Not to mention three of the four sets look G-D awful (only the imp experimental suit is decent IMO).