Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Making EZ Credits as a Casual PvPer: Profiteering 101

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Making EZ Credits as a Casual PvPer: Profiteering 101

L-RANDLE
01.24.2014 , 10:27 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
Hmm, I don't like that you have just told everyone how to be more competitive on the GTN.

I can vouch for this as I have made millions on millions doing exactly this. Also throwing in some purple re-implants and ear pieces on the GTN in the mix helps as well.
I also debated in how deep I wanted to go into making money. Rest assured, there are a ton more things you can do to enhance profit, but I wanted to give these as the "basics" of being self sufficient without relying solely on the GTN.

I think endgame raid gear crafting, and CM items net the highest profits, but that is out of the scope of most casual PVP only type peeps...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

L-RANDLE
01.24.2014 , 01:45 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
L-RANDLE strikes again! Great guide. If you haven't done so perhaps you should link this in your opening post "How to be a contender supplement" sticky.
Ill link it tonight. Thanks for the support. I will continue adding over the weekend. While I am helping the community, I am also stock piling credits, comms, and mats, so its a win-win in my book.

duigha
01.24.2014 , 02:38 PM | #33
Sticky!
TOFN <Herbs and Derps> / Zelí / <Sponsored by Karagga>
The reason why there is not as much PvP content as PvE content is,
that PvE always need new content to clear,
while PvPers are generally happy, "as long as there is someone to kill".

L-RANDLE
01.26.2014 , 07:37 PM | #34
****UPDATED****
*Added Map to Pub Black Hole run.
*Added Pub Belsavis: High Security Run.
*Hoping to add a Pub Belsavis: Tomb Area run (since high security and tomb are right next to each other), but standby.[EDIT] Done!!:-)[/EDIT]

cashogy_reborn
01.27.2014 , 11:12 PM | #35
Bump, Ive made >700k since Saturday when I started doing some of the things here. Leveling up Scavenging and Slicing, and selling the resources for a huge profit. Only dailies Ive been doing are Black Hole and Ilum tho, and dont have high enough skills to get anything from the nodes in those areas.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

L-RANDLE
01.28.2014 , 09:58 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Bump, Ive made >700k since Saturday when I started doing some of the things here. Leveling up Scavenging and Slicing, and selling the resources for a huge profit. Only dailies Ive been doing are Black Hole and Ilum tho, and dont have high enough skills to get anything from the nodes in those areas.
Nice! I was just going to bump this because I saw someone post "augmenting looks expensive", glad to see its useful. Just wait until you can farm the dailies while doing the missions... ;-)

I will continue to add seeing the success you and others are having. Fast and easy. PvP players ain't Po-No-Mo!

On a side note, I will be adding more runs this week. I will try to put an Imp Black Hole run up tonight..

L-RANDLE
01.28.2014 , 10:11 AM | #37
I should have also noted in the OP that this setup also creates an excellent side-effect.

Re-Rolls

If you have your cyber, and two mules, any progressive reroll can always have the most up to date gear and stims. You need to progress your pattern attainment on your main an mules, but what I do it this.

Say u wanted to reroll an operative. I would buy a set of oranges for him/her and start getting blue/purple armoring/mods/barrels/ear/stims BEFORE I even created the toon, for 3-4 level brackets (9-15, 16-23, 24-31, etc.)

Then as the toon levels, the gear is waiting. I rerolled a Mara in four weeks. As a working man with a wife, two kids and a dog, house, job, etc. That's pretty damn fast for a casual...

funkiestj
01.28.2014 , 06:23 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Then, when you arrive, just pickup the Pilot Down mission at base.
grunching here ... you can clear pilot down without fighting a mob if you pilot your speeder carefully. Also, torhead.com will tell you how to maximize companion affection (look up the mission) for each mission conversation (e.g. get T7 out for the pilot down dialog). This can be useful if your affection is not yet maxed.

Also, it can be an amusing challenge to solo the heroic 2 daily on ilum. Actually, I haven't tried this since the cap was raised to 55. It is probably a dawdle now.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

cashogy_reborn
01.28.2014 , 06:40 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
grunching here ... you can clear pilot down without fighting a mob if you pilot your speeder carefully. Also, torhead.com will tell you how to maximize companion affection (look up the mission) for each mission conversation (e.g. get T7 out for the pilot down dialog). This can be useful if your affection is not yet maxed.

Also, it can be an amusing challenge to solo the heroic 2 daily on ilum. Actually, I haven't tried this since the cap was raised to 55. It is probably a dawdle now.
Yeah its really easy, did it on my commando w/ jorgan easy-peasy.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

L-RANDLE
01.28.2014 , 07:40 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post

Yeah, I can solo the heroic, its somewhat out of the way though so I excluded it. But the credits are double to do it and you get an enhancement that you can vendor/sell as well.