Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[guide] How to get Grade 31/72 schematics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[guide] How to get Grade 31/72 schematics

AlrikFassbauer
02.07.2014 , 06:58 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
The steps are as follows:
  1. acquire an item with grade 30 or 31 item modifications (they are available for either basic or elite commendations respectively, or they drop from level 55HMFPs or Operations respectively)
  2. rip the item modification you want the schematic for out of the item
  3. Pray to the RNG gods (because the chance of success is the standard 20%)
  4. Reverse engineer the item modification
If you get the schematic...
If not...
Rinse and Repeat
Is it possible to give an example for that, with an real item name ?
I fear that I'd buy the wrong item, thus wasting Commendations.
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

psandak
02.07.2014 , 10:11 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Is it possible to give an example for that, with an real item name ?
I fear that I'd buy the wrong item, thus wasting Commendations.
I have two recent examples across several characters:

The easiest to recount is: I purchased a Verpine offhand for Elite comms on my smuggler, ripped the barrel out of the weapon, put it into a Bind to Legacy (BtL) blaster pistol, sent it to my trooper and armstech, ripped the barrel out of the BtL blaster pistol, reverse engineered it and got the schematic

The other occasion was more involved:
  1. I got a Dread Forged unassembled gloves token while running HM DF on my smuggler
  2. I used that token to acquire the gloves for my jedi sage - grade 34/78 with set bonus (not REable at this time)
  3. I ripped the item modifications out of the gloves that I bought, put them into BtL gloves, and sent the BtL gloves to the sage (through the mail)
  4. On my sage, I ripped the item modifications out of the BtL gloves
  5. I then looked at her existing glove item modifications and compared them to a list of the schematics I have: she had grade 30/69 armoring, and grade 31/72 mod and enhancement, none of which I had the schematics for
  6. So I ripped the item modifications out of my sage's existing gloves and set them aside and installed the 34/78 item modifications into her existing gloves
  7. I then installed the lesser item modifications into the BtL gloves and shipped them to my BH and Cybertech
  8. I ripped out the armoring and mod and REed them, getting the grade 30/69 armoring schematic
  9. I then sent the BtL gloves to my Sith Assassin and Artifice
  10. I ripped out the enhancement and REed it and failed to get the schematic
  11. I then shipped the now empty BtL gloves back to my smuggler

In short any item you acquire for basic or elite comms can be Reverse Engineered.

These are the schematics I currently have:

Mod
Aptitude 31
Artful 31
Deft 30A
Deft 31
Elusive 30B
Keen 30
Keen 30A
Keen 31
Resilient 30
Resilient 31B

Armoring
Guardian 30
Guardian 31
Might 30
Reflex 31
Resolve 30
Resolve 31
Skill 30

Enhancement
Adept 31
Assault 30
Efficient 31
Finesse 30
Insight 30
Quick Savant 31
Savant 31
Volition 30

Barrel
Skill 31
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Ulunnes (Commando)
Zaggema (Sin) Daellia (Merc) Carrud (Marauder) Quith'edi'ata (Operative)

high end schematics * best crew skills * crew skill money making * Reverse Engineering Rules
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give it to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something else" Steve Jobs

AlrikFassbauer
02.09.2014 , 05:58 AM | #13
Wow, thank you.
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

psandak
02.18.2014 , 11:29 AM | #14
another bump because the question has come up in a new thread

high end schematics * best crew skills * crew skill money making * Reverse Engineering Rules
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give it to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something else" Steve Jobs

nightsproull
02.20.2014 , 06:35 AM | #15
Good information. Thanks for saving me the trouble of going after schematics that aren't worth making as long as someone else is already doing them.

psandak
02.24.2014 , 11:56 AM | #16
Bump again.

CheaterLL
02.26.2014 , 12:13 PM | #17
[*]Level 55HMFPs bosses drop Black Market gear and elite comms[*]Set Bonus gear (Arkanian[30], Underworld[31], Kell Dragon[32], and Dread Forged[34], are only available from Operations[/LIST]NOTE: Kell Dragon gear is only available through NiM operations and will therefore never be able to be reverse engineered for schematics.
In 55HMFP 69[30] Gear will ONLY drop from bonus boss and endboss, all other will drop orange gear with blue 66[28] in it.
Also,
  • Arkanian Tokens drop in S&V/TFB/Toborro/Xeno/Eyeless SM and DF/DP SM the first 2 or 3 bosses
  • Underworld in S&V/TFB/Toborro/Xeno/Eyeless HC and the last bosses in DF/DP SM
  • Kell Dragon in S&V and TFB NiM
  • Dread Forged in DF/DP HC
  • The new Set (Dunno the name) rated 81[35 i guess] will drop in DF/DP NiM
Before you ask, there are no NiM modes of Toborros Courtyard, Xenoanalyst II or The Eyeless because they are just one single boss each so it is not worth the effort.
CheaterLL, GM <you always wipe together>
Semi-Progression @ T3-M4
Juggernaut Tank/Sniper DPS/Sorcerer Heal

psandak
02.26.2014 , 04:23 PM | #18
Thank you for the details and confirmation CheaterLL. The intent of my OP is to show the basics of getting grade 30 and 31 schematics; and that for the most part, at this point in time, they are no longer worth actively seeking... because they are so readily available from multiple sources. You successfully proved my point

Mireleni
03.03.2014 , 08:08 PM | #19
There is no "action" on the overwhelming majority of these items (there is still small a market for barrels and hilts for main hand equipment because those items only drop from operations (can't get them through comms), and a handful of enhancements because they too are only available from operations drops). Being able to acquire almost every item modification through elite comms has dampened the market.
This is the most relevant part of the post, I think, and I guess I'm curious how people feel about the balance in crafting. Artifice can craft hilts, relics, and enhancements that cannot be purchased with comms. Armstech can craft barrels not available with comms. Armstech, Armormech, and Synthweaving craft BIS augments not obtainable elsewhere. This leaves Cybertech somewhat on par with Biochem, without the benefit of free unlimited drugs (sure, the best drugs are not reusable but at least you can get mats in flashpoints and ops and make more for the content that requires it).

Basically, I still make a profit through crafting with my Artificer and Synthweaver, and my Biochem is useful as a drug supplier, but I don't craft with my Cybertech anymore. I have sold some 31 armorings, but they mostly sell at a loss unless I crit, and they don't sell fast enough for that to happen often enough for it to feel worth it. Is anyone else finding this? Are there profitable Cybertech crafts I'm missing?
Visit my Resort on Tatooine! (Part 1/Part 2). Second location now on Nar Shaddaa.
Check out my Jedi Strongholds on Yavin 4 and Coruscant.
...And consider using my referral link for free goodies, if you like.

psandak
03.03.2014 , 10:01 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Mireleni View Post
Are there profitable Cybertech crafts I'm missing?
Plain and simple: Grade 28 armorings and mods. They sell consistently and persistently.

You can also do droid parts to RE for augmentation slot components.