Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

'No active subscription' error

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
'No active subscription' error

Dasffion's Avatar


Dasffion
12.22.2011 , 08:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by yingzi View Post
No dude you are all wrong and i repeat DEAD WRONg on that one. It states "Valid Credit Card or Paid game Card (if Available) <--- this is clearly saying that it is not needed to play in the beginning. The 30 days within itself once the game is paid for is just enough. I have been playing MMOs for a very long time and no other company has asked for this information until the 30 days are upon me.
Are you talking about the (if Available) that means if Paid Game Cards are available. I'm not sure how you can say I'm dead wrong about something that's at the top of the page here though and everyone is complaining about.

If you've never been asked for this information until the 30 days are upon you you must never have played WoW, or gotten free trials for netflix, or blockbuster or pretty much any other subscription based internet product.

jetbob's Avatar


jetbob
12.22.2011 , 08:35 PM | #22
It's unacceptable to require those without credit cards to go out and buy a gamecard *BEFORE* their "free" 30 day time expires.

Killravenn's Avatar


Killravenn
12.22.2011 , 08:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
I already told you why your assertion that the 30 free days is false is wrong. You get a 30 day free subscription. Requiring a valid credit card or Game Time Card is a completely separate issue.
Requiring a Game Time Card is applying an additional financial expense beyond the purchase of the game. How can that be considered free?

Unless you're a legal expert, then it sounds like differing opinions of interpretation by laymen. I can assert you are wrong, you can do the reverse. Nothing is proven. But I think my argument holds substantial water.

Hotels often require that you give them a credit card to hold a room. But in that case you have not yet paid for any product or service. It serves as proof you have the ability to pay and in turn they hold the room. You even still have the option to cancel the reseration with no obligation 24 hours before the arrival date.

Here people have paid for a product - the game - which comes with a promise of 30 days of use. Putting barriers in the way of exercising options associated with a purchase already made is wrong.

Another example would be a fitness center which offers me free use of the VIP spa with my 30 day trial membership. But they charge $5 at the door for each entry into the "restricted" area.
Omega Matrix
Dual Faction Guild
http://omegamatrix.enjin.com/

shaunpcrepair's Avatar


shaunpcrepair
12.22.2011 , 08:46 PM | #24
Last time I checked, living in the real world requires having some sort of payment options besides cash. This is an MMO with an expectation that you PAY every month to play. They made it VERY clear and VERY easy to setup your payment options so you can continue playing without interuption. You truly have to be living under a rock to be "shocked" that some sort of payment was required. If you didn't even plan on playing for more than a month you prob shouldn't have bought the game.

Grow up a bit and put on your big boy pants....

Dasffion's Avatar


Dasffion
12.22.2011 , 08:50 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Killravenn View Post
Requiring a Game Time Card is applying an additional financial expense beyond the purchase of the game. How can that be considered free?
Because you still get 30 days free

Quote:
Unless you're a legal expert, then it sounds like differing opinions of interpretation by laymen. I can assert you are wrong, you can do the reverse. Nothing is proven. But I think my argument holds substantial water.
I'm not a legal expert but it's clear as day on the box and it's at the top of the page and I'm pretty sure it's in the FAQs.

Quote:
Hotels often require that you give them a credit card to hold a room. But in that case you have not yet paid for any product or service. It serves as proof you have the ability to pay and in turn they hold the room. You even still have the option to cancel the reseration with no obligation 24 hours before the arrival date.
This is the same thing you're giving your credit card to hold your service. They're not going to charge you until your 30 days are up but they need that card to keep moving. It's just a part of their setup. They could remove the option to use game time cards and then everyone would be happy...except the people that don't have credit cards because they wouldn't be able to play at all.

Quote:
Here people have paid for a product - the game - which comes with a promise of 30 days of use. Putting barriers in the way of exercising options associated with a purchase already made is wrong.

Another example would be a fitness center which offers me free use of the VIP spa with my 30 day trial membership. But they charge $5 at the door for each entry into the "restricted" area.
It's nothing like that at all.

Killravenn's Avatar


Killravenn
12.22.2011 , 08:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by shaunpcrepair View Post
Grow up a bit and put on your big boy pants....
Be constructive, not condesending.

Some people want to try things out first. Why must you trample on other peoples position simply because you don't hold the same view or follow the same practice?

BTW, a good number of people do not have or use credit or debit cards and get by just fine. Is that also a government mandate? That I use plastic or I can't participate in society? Maybe only 5% of people use cash and pay for their subscription with regular purchase of play time cards. Why do they even have the option of using play time cards if a plastic only policy will do?
Omega Matrix
Dual Faction Guild
http://omegamatrix.enjin.com/

Killravenn's Avatar


Killravenn
12.22.2011 , 08:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
Because you still get 30 days free
No, if I don't have a credit card I must incur the cost of the play card to get to the free time. It has become conditional upon meeting two requirements, not simply and solely the purchase of the game.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
It's nothing like that at all.
I beg to differ. But it seems I'm wasting my fingers. Nuff said on my part I think.
Omega Matrix
Dual Faction Guild
http://omegamatrix.enjin.com/

DarthValentinex's Avatar


DarthValentinex
12.22.2011 , 09:08 PM | #28
Really upset with the whole situation, even though it's a really simple solution (for those who have CC's). Essentially, if you don't have a CC, which I suggest you get one (if you can)..then you aren't really getting the 30 day's free because you then have to go out of your way to go buy a game time card (that is if they aren't sold out). But like I said, for those who have CC's, sub, un-sub, play. Cheers!
DĒrK LδrdOfThe§iTh

Dasffion's Avatar


Dasffion
12.22.2011 , 09:13 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Killravenn View Post
No, if I don't have a credit card I must incur the cost of the play card to get to the free time. It has become conditional upon meeting two requirements, not simply and solely the purchase of the game.
Any way you look at it it's a free month. As others have said, if you don't have a Credit Card there are plenty of pre-paid credit card companies. Otherwise the information was out there and if you didn't want to make that investment of a game card then that was your choice.

macnbc's Avatar


macnbc
12.22.2011 , 09:26 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Killravenn View Post
No, if I don't have a credit card I must incur the cost of the play card to get to the free time. It has become conditional upon meeting two requirements, not simply and solely the purchase of the game.
PayPal doesn't require a credit card (it can be done with a bank account link), and SWTOR takes PayPal.

Therefore you don't need to have a credit card, and you don't need to incur the cost of a play card.