Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

'No active subscription' error

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
'No active subscription' error

Darth_Nikon
01.01.2012 , 04:31 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirateerz View Post
I understand that EA has screwed up yet again, but this problem is minor, no matter how many people fail to understand. I think it becomes 100x more major if you actually had to pay for your free game time, but you don't, you only need to pay a few minutes. This issue is extremely minor compared to truely gamebreaking issues such as the GameNodeSpec crash, which I have just recieved
I think you failed to understand my point - the fact that EA has no problem behaving in a coercive manner is the actual problem - and fail to understand that the time isn't free, it's paid for in the original purchase.

Quote: Originally Posted by oicurdum View Post
yanno, you put in your card info, then can cancel at any time....all mmorpg's have done this for as long as I can remember....
You missed this, didn't you?

Quote:
It is not an argument an adult makes. Itís the actual argument that TEENAGERS make at prestigious high schools where cheating is rampant: everyone was doing it, and no teacher was stopping them. So they WERE FORCED to cheat in order to be competitive.
"Everyone else is doing it" is not and has never been a valid defense, especially not for denying customers time they paid for by inflicting a coercive requirement instituted solely for the benefit of EA's launch numbers.
Squadron 11-11-11 !11!ELEVENTY!11! The Excitable Ones

Deagolo
01.21.2012 , 12:48 PM | #182
Everyone please unsub these morons are a joke.

Setanian
01.21.2012 , 12:57 PM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by _Strimell View Post
Lawyers/Attourneys from Denmark will not do a single thing about these sort of things. Furthemore, the fault ultimately lies at your side, as I mentioned before.

BioWare is not scamming anyone. What possible reason could they have, to want to scam someone? Money? I honestly doubt that. They made ~ $90 million dollars purely from Pre-orders, in the United States. Almost 60% of what they used on resources to construct the actual game, if I am not mistaken.

I haven't been able to find any sources on how many European Pre-orders that were placed, but I'm guessing it's not on the low-end.

As I mentioned before, and several others before me. Everyone has been entitled 30 days free gameplay. Everyone has been given such promise. BioWare simply requires your creditcard information before-hand, so they can automatically withdraw each billing cycle, starting as of 21st/22nd January, 2012. There is no catch, I simply do not see how people can have such a big problem with this little factor.
If you paid attention, you would realize that to actually subscribe you must either register a credit card or use a game card.

Now I'll try and keep it simple so you can keep up. If you don't have a credit card, you have to go and buy a game card in addition to the game. So that's game price + game card price. I'm assuming you can do simple maths, I may be wrong.

So player A has game + credit card = 0 upfront charge.
Player B + Game card = game card charge up front.

If you can't understand this, then I'd suggest you just go to maths class instead of playing games and making comments on things that way above your head.
What is that baseball bat in your signature? Oh! It's a lightsaber! How cute is that !

Setanian
01.21.2012 , 12:58 PM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by Deagolo View Post
Everyone please unsub these morons are a joke.
You'll be unsubbing then ?
What is that baseball bat in your signature? Oh! It's a lightsaber! How cute is that !

engebrets
01.24.2012 , 08:23 AM | #185
hey i bought swtor yesterday and install it. I created a user and make all the necessary things to play including redeeming a pre-paid game TimeCard. Today I try out the game, but when I had logged me on the starting page I got this message.
there is currently no active subscription Wed this account.
although on the swtor website it said
you are ready to play

anyone know what I need do to?