Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

'No active subscription' error

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
'No active subscription' error

Ordryth
12.23.2011 , 07:51 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
What? It's free. I haven't been charged anything, that would make it free. See my previous posts about the requirements and industry standards.

It's not free for those that want to do it with gamecards.. I just wonder how everyone can not see that if you are a game time card user, you are paying up front and by that, charged immediatly.

and I don't have paypal and since I know of many issues regarding it, I am not even thinking of getting it.

so for people like me, and I know there are a lot like me, this is unfair.

just make the option "I'll pay with game-time cards" and this issue is fixed for everyone.

Galmok
12.23.2011 , 07:54 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by pischto View Post
Americans...
I am not an american, I am Danish. I am just very annoyed about this business practice and can't believe it is legal in Denmark. It certainly isn't necessary to scam people as BioWare has done.

Ordryth
12.23.2011 , 08:04 AM | #103
I don't know about you people, but I am switching over to GW2 as soon as it's released.

I even get the feeling they don't give a **** about this whole thread

wangtheory
12.23.2011 , 08:26 AM | #104
This is just purely distasteful. No other game does it and I hope that Bioware/EA gets called out on this by highly reputed gaming sites for their ********. Shame
Jimmy Wang

fakerepublican
12.23.2011 , 08:40 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrpak View Post
Ok, I understand that people FEEL as if they have to commit themselves, or are forced to pay more, or the 30 days is not free.
It is.

You put in your credit card number, it flags you as everything completed, and the next moment you can cancel the subscription.
Your credit card number will be on file, it won't be charged, and you have your 30 days free.
It's a gift for someone though. After I subscribe and cancel my subscription to get the 30 days, (what a laugh), is the card, as you say, on file? I don't want to give others access to my credit cards for obvious reasons. If the card was deleted...

Dasffion
12.23.2011 , 08:48 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by wangtheory View Post
This is just purely distasteful. No other game does it and I hope that Bioware/EA gets called out on this by highly reputed gaming sites for their ********. Shame
Wrong. Other games DO do it.

If they didn't allow time card then those of you without credit cards wouldn't be able to play at all so I still don't see what the fuss is about.

Dasffion
12.23.2011 , 08:51 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by fakerepublican View Post
It's a gift for someone though. After I subscribe and cancel my subscription to get the 30 days, (what a laugh), is the card, as you say, on file? I don't want to give others access to my credit cards for obvious reasons. If the card was deleted...
You can gift it to them by sending them the Product code, youdon't need to and shouldn't enter your personal information on someone elses account.

Bukhara
12.23.2011 , 09:09 AM | #108
Your delusional if you think this is an industry standard. If I put up money to buy the retail copy of the game with free time included, that is what I am entitled to. Period. Its now free in the same sense that a credit card is free. You can still go out and "buy" something that you cannot afford on your credit card, your not gonna get stopped at the front door as you walk out of the store, but you now have a commitment to pay off that debt. I have to put myself into debt to Bioware to play the free time that I was already promised? This entire thing reeks of EA, and is indicative of the typical corporate greed that people have finally gotten around to saying "yeah, might be somewhat of a problem in this country." I think my man Stabs said it best. http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/2011/1...tion-scam.html

Bioware made a great game. But its pretty sad that the price of that was letting EA put their grubby hands all over their customers bank accounts.

_Strimell
12.23.2011 , 09:26 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Galmok View Post
I am not an american, I am Danish. I am just very annoyed about this business practice and can't believe it is legal in Denmark. It certainly isn't necessary to scam people as BioWare has done.
Lawyers/Attourneys from Denmark will not do a single thing about these sort of things. Furthemore, the fault ultimately lies at your side, as I mentioned before.

BioWare is not scamming anyone. What possible reason could they have, to want to scam someone? Money? I honestly doubt that. They made ~ $90 million dollars purely from Pre-orders, in the United States. Almost 60% of what they used on resources to construct the actual game, if I am not mistaken.

I haven't been able to find any sources on how many European Pre-orders that were placed, but I'm guessing it's not on the low-end.

As I mentioned before, and several others before me. Everyone has been entitled 30 days free gameplay. Everyone has been given such promise. BioWare simply requires your creditcard information before-hand, so they can automatically withdraw each billing cycle, starting as of 21st/22nd January, 2012. There is no catch, I simply do not see how people can have such a big problem with this little factor.

drbaltazar
12.23.2011 , 09:30 AM | #110
followed indication supplied when i made an account,followed all step and everything worked flawlessly didnt even know this article existed.one hickup i had was when i waited for the ea autorisation for confirmation!make sure active x is desabled or you might have issue!visit other e-mail account you have ,if it is linked like me to live mail(microsoft)it will trigger ms mail service to refresh .this happened to me i had 2 mail because of this silliness ,or be patient.might want to try to log off your mail and log back in after say 10 minute.this is the main issue we get and i think it is because ms mail doesnt refresh when ea send a mail for some reason!aside from this everything else went flawless!