Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RE: Kuat Drive Yards

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MisterBlackJack
01.17.2014 , 04:40 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
You work for them?

I mean if that's all it is, I want to know. Given they forked us over on class story, I don't want to get my hopes up that they actually will continue another plotline.
After reading the message again it appears they are planning to make the Shroud the next major villain in the game.

Additional note and tin-foil hat: He seems to be quite concerned which side will win the battle of Kuat. Makes me wonder if the Shroud is possibly working with the Star Cabal. For those who may not know who the Star Cabal is play the agent's story ;-)
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

ZionHalcyon
01.17.2014 , 04:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
After reading the message again it appears they are planning to make the Shroud the next major villain in the game.

Additional note and tin-foil hat: He seems to be quite concerned which side will win the battle of Kuat. Makes me wonder if the Shroud is possibly working with the Star Cabal. For those who may not know who the Star Cabal is play the agent's story ;-)
Actually, I always thought of him as an outsider. If nothing else, he probably was someone aware of and likely even infiltrated the Star Cabal.

I hope they do something with him, but I do think this was just fiction.

What I would actually really enjoy is if they not only brought the Shroud back, but also Watcher X (again, if you don't know, play the agent storyline).

In fact, Watcher X would be a good foil for the Shroud, and it could make for great amusement if it works out that Watcher X and the Shroud are essentially playing chess and you are the pieces, as Watcher X tries to assimilate the Shroud and take over his network, and the Shroud tries to both keep him in check and remove you.

This could also lead to Watcher X becoming the next in line after the Shroud finally gets his.

MisterBlackJack
01.17.2014 , 06:00 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Actually, I always thought of him as an outsider. If nothing else, he probably was someone aware of and likely even infiltrated the Star Cabal.

I hope they do something with him, but I do think this was just fiction.

What I would actually really enjoy is if they not only brought the Shroud back, but also Watcher X (again, if you don't know, play the agent storyline).

In fact, Watcher X would be a good foil for the Shroud, and it could make for great amusement if it works out that Watcher X and the Shroud are essentially playing chess and you are the pieces, as Watcher X tries to assimilate the Shroud and take over his network, and the Shroud tries to both keep him in check and remove you.

This could also lead to Watcher X becoming the next in line after the Shroud finally gets his.
If this was the first iteration of the Shroud being mentioned, I might agree with you, but he was also mentioned in the first Starfighter Teaser Trailer Bioware released at the PAX Cantina tour. It seems that the storyline of the Shroud is going to be more than just for fiction.

I would agree I would love to see Watcher X however [Without Spoilers] i don't know how that be done because of the possible senarios from the agent's story.
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

JattaGin
01.17.2014 , 06:26 PM | #24
Love it when you present new game stuff through RP stories. Thanks, BW. Keem 'em stories comin'.

Darth_Wicked
01.17.2014 , 07:05 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
The Shroud's Agents (or whoever "S" is) sold this information for a high profit to the SIS. This information is to distract the Republic and provide money to the Shroud's organization:
Highly unlikely since SF-4 was dead and SF-5 was being assigned to the location where his former collegue perished. In other words, the information was sold to the SiS by the Shroud HIMSELF...

Quote:

TO: Shroud SF-5
Your latter assessment is correct though.

Quote:
I would agree I would love to see Watcher X however [Without Spoilers] i don't know how that be done because of the possible senarios from the agent's story.
Every character in the game whose fate was player choice dependent won't be making an appearance anymore it would seem. Bioware implied such in the past already.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if his character model shows up somewhere, since I've seen time and time again NPC's whose resemblance mirrors other pivotal characters throughout the game, including...
Spoiler

And possibly others. Ironically enough, at least one of them is not up to the player whether he lives or dies. Oh well...

SilentKitty
01.17.2014 , 11:55 PM | #26
I enjoy reading stories like these. Will be interesting to see what happens next =)

Sadishist
01.18.2014 , 12:00 AM | #27
Is this canon?

Darth_Wicked
01.18.2014 , 04:58 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Is this canon?
Why wouldn't it be?

DarthCadius
01.18.2014 , 08:38 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
He seems to be quite concerned which side will win the battle of Kuat. Makes me wonder if the Shroud is possibly working with the Star Cabal. For those who may not know who the Star Cabal is play the agent's story ;-)
This was EXACTLY my thoughts, I think he is a Star Cabal member that I hope we get to see more of. I mean he is interested in how both sides of the war are going regarding KDY and that matches Star Cabal.

I am just starting the Shroud story in game and this makes me more interested in completing it
Seething hate, rage ANGER I will harness unlimited power.I live off the sufering of the weak, their pain gives me strength, their agony gives me life and their death feeds the force from which I keep their suffering never-ending.

Darth_Wicked
01.18.2014 , 08:56 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCadius View Post
This was EXACTLY my thoughts, I think he is a Star Cabal member that I hope we get to see more of. I mean he is interested in how both sides of the war are going regarding KDY and that matches Star Cabal.

I am just starting the Shroud story in game and this makes me more interested in completing it
Makes no sense whatsoever for the Shroud to be a member of the Star Cabal, since all we've seen so far is someone with delusions of grandeur who wants to play at who's the biggest and baddest Dawg in the block.

The Star Cabal had a vision, an ultimate design for the Galaxy; The Shroud, other than generating mayhem and chaos at other people's expense, has not.