Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RE: Kuat Drive Yards

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aries_cz
01.17.2014 , 03:18 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by unibim View Post
So Shroud... Again... You can't make something what connects straight to the War, are you?
*Sigh* Okay... We can deal with this... We always did...
Shroud provides the perfect opportunity to see things from a neutral point of view. The whole KDY and GSF is about the war, respectively Empire trying to take control of one of the largest fleet manufacturers in known space.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

ZionHalcyon
01.17.2014 , 03:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ViciousFett View Post
Did you even read it?
Of COURSE I read it, what you seem to be missing is just because one of the Community people puts something into their fiction on the website doesn't mean it is something that will be continued on in the game.

That is to say, just because they mentioned the shroud here, doesn't mean the shroud shows up in the flashpoint, nor does it mean there will be upcoming content involving the shroud - they could have just decided to take a character from the game to use to hype the upcoming flashpoint in order to be creative.

You follow now?
BobVader - We will always remember.
Remain civil in the face of incivility, lest you be the barbarian.

AlyxDinas
01.17.2014 , 03:36 PM | #13
I follow! And you sound silly!
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

ZionHalcyon
01.17.2014 , 03:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
I follow! And you sound silly!
Why do I sound silly?

Just wanting to know if the Shroud will have his story continued in further game content or if this was just a decision by the author to use an in-game character to frame an upcoming flashpoint arbitrarily?

Glower
01.17.2014 , 03:42 PM | #15
Im too dumb for this RP things... Just give me a date/time!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "Theyd love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

AMightyKnight
01.17.2014 , 03:43 PM | #16
Hey, how about designing a FP that is actually challenging to play and offers some relevant loot?
The last Flashpoint worth playing was Lost Island. This one or the Czerka stuff is a complete joke. Just brainafk grinding of useless rep.
Benaiah Abihail Ahdino
Gladio vivere, fusil perire!
Equilibrium ~ T3M4 ~ Referral Link ~

AlyxDinas
01.17.2014 , 03:56 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
... if this was just a decision by the author to use an in-game character to frame an upcoming flashpoint arbitrarily?
That part.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

MisterBlackJack
01.17.2014 , 04:23 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AMightyKnight View Post
Hey, how about designing a FP that is actually challenging to play and offers some relevant loot?
The last Flashpoint worth playing was Lost Island. This one or the Czerka stuff is a complete joke. Just brainafk grinding of useless rep.
You underestimate the usage of the KDY FP.

1. It provides a great incentive for RPers to actually do some sort of Master-Apprentice Role Playing in an instance with people of differnet levels

2. DPS low level toons now have a good way to level through flashpoints without waiting hours and hours in solo queue.

Not everything has to do with loot.

People seem to forget that not many people did LI pre 2.0 I know there was numerous times I queued and got HM LI and people instantly left the group because majority of the people felt it was too difficult. I am not putting myself in that category I enjoyed the challenge of Lost Island but many people did not. I know very few people would want to queue for LI HM on my server pre 2.0. and Bioware probably has numbers that support the claim of low queue pops for Lost Island, which is why they went in the other direction and made the flashpoints more accessible.
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

MisterBlackJack
01.17.2014 , 04:25 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
The Shroud's Agents (or whoever "S" is) sold this information for a high profit to the SIS. This information is to distract the Republic and provide money to the Shroud's organization:
Thank you
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

ZionHalcyon
01.17.2014 , 04:27 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
That part.
You work for them?

I mean if that's all it is, I want to know. Given they forked us over on class story, I don't want to get my hopes up that they actually will continue another plotline.