Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideal rotation for Arsenal spec merc?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Mercenary
Ideal rotation for Arsenal spec merc?

bobafetea
12.22.2011 , 08:13 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CBdragon View Post
Here is a helpful site for arsenal info.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread...DPS-Compendium

When in doubt shoot a tracer.
More like, when in doubt, go to the Ask a Mercenary thread 2.0, it's sticky-ed in the Mercenary sub-forum and the best thread around
"I see why they call you the best bounty hunter in the galaxy." ― Darth Vader
"Curse Fett! He thinks he's real smart." "He is smart, Bossk. That's why he's the best."

Auilt
12.22.2011 , 08:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by bobafetea View Post
More like, when in doubt, go to the Ask a Mercenary thread 2.0, it's sticky-ed in the Mercenary sub-forum and the best thread around
While I agree that it's a helpful thread, it's focused on his hybrid build and doesn't really address full arsenal builds. The rotation for that hybrid spec and the rotation for an Arsenal BH are completely different. The thread linked in your quoted post is far more helpful for a full Arsenal BH.

But we get it. You like the thread.

adidonna
12.22.2011 , 08:57 PM | #13
<Post deleted by user.>

bobafetea
12.22.2011 , 09:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Auilt View Post
While I agree that it's a helpful thread, it's focused on his hybrid build and doesn't really address full arsenal builds. The rotation for that hybrid spec and the rotation for an Arsenal BH are completely different. The thread linked in your quoted post is far more helpful for a full Arsenal BH.

But we get it. You like the thread.
Just because he runs a hybrid build doesn't mean that thread isn't helpful at all, he's gone to lvl 50 quite a few times as a merc so he has much more than just his hybrid build.
"Curse Fett! He thinks he's real smart." "He is smart, Bossk. That's why he's the best."

Auilt
12.22.2011 , 09:37 PM | #15
Just because he runs a hybrid build doesn't mean that thread isn't helpful at all, he's gone to lvl 50 quite a few times as a merc so he has much more than just his hybrid build.
The OP is strictly focused on his hybrid build. I just read it again to make sure. To get any information about how to play an Arsenal BH, you'd have to read the entire thread to dig out the answers you are looking for. Meanwhile, both the topic linked earlier on another forum and numerous other threads address the question asked in this topic both more in-depth and without all the digging through so many pages to find.

I'm not denying it's a great thread, but it's really focused on the hybrid build and how to play it. It's not feasible to expect every Merc out there to dig through that entire thread to find something useful about a particular spec. Why is it not ok to ask how to play full Arsenal?

He's not the only person to level a BH to 50. I get that he's done it multiple times, but it only takes once to really have a grasp on the class. There are other people here capable of giving sound advice about how to play a Mercenary.

bobafetea
12.22.2011 , 09:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Auilt View Post
The OP is strictly focused on his hybrid build. I just read it again to make sure. To get any information about how to play an Arsenal BH, you'd have to read the entire thread to dig out the answers you are looking for. Meanwhile, both the topic linked earlier on another forum and numerous other threads address the question asked in this topic both more in-depth and without all the digging through so many pages to find.

I'm not denying it's a great thread, but it's really focused on the hybrid build and how to play it. It's not feasible to expect every Merc out there to dig through that entire thread to find something useful about a particular spec. Why is it not ok to ask how to play full Arsenal?

He's not the only person to level a BH to 50. I get that he's done it multiple times, but it only takes once to really have a grasp on the class. There are other people here capable of giving sound advice about how to play a Mercenary.
Since I've been following and posting in that thread since before the wipe, I can tell you it's not solely focused on his hybrid build. He will answer any questions people have in the thread and I've definitely contributed to people's questions as well. There's a reason it's one of the only sticky-ed threads here. And if someone has a question, they don't need to search through the pages to find an answer, they can just post their question.

Auilt
12.22.2011 , 09:51 PM | #17
Since I've been following and posting in that thread since before the wipe, I can tell you it's not solely focused on his hybrid build. He will answer any questions people have in the thread and I've definitely contributed to people's questions as well. There's a reason it's one of the only sticky-ed threads here. And if someone has a question, they don't need to search through the pages to find an answer, they can just post their question.
I said the OP is strictly focused on his hybrid build. OP means original post. Go read the first post in that thread. It is strictly focused on his hybrid build. To find any answers to questions about any other spec, you'd have to search through the entire thread or post in the thread and ask. I understand that he is likely capable of answering others' questions. I'm simply trying to point out to you how silly it is to expect people to confine every question they ever have about the Mercenary class to a single thread. That defeats the purpose of a forum. If that were the expectation, you wouldn't even be allowed to create threads. They would just make one thread per advanced class and call it a day. There is absolutely nothing wrong with people creating new topics to ask questions about the Mercenary class. They needn't all refer to the one sticky thread in that forum.

Arcinatus
12.25.2011 , 04:44 PM | #18
Quick question: Is there any benefit to using explosive dart in your rotation if your arsenal spec, or are you better off just not bothering?

Durzaka
12.25.2011 , 04:48 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Arcinatus View Post
Quick question: Is there any benefit to using explosive dart in your rotation if your arsenal spec, or are you better off just not bothering?
For soloing elites (i like to use gault) i generally open with explosive dart as he firsts attack, thens traight to a rotation.

But no, in a level capped boss fight. no point. There isnt any room.
Durzaka Retribution

DarthSpYke
12.26.2011 , 03:48 AM | #20
I'm the same level as you and this is my rotation

Tracer Missile x5 to add buff
then use Rail Shot and Unload each time they cooldown
Power Shot while Unload and Rail Shot is on cooldown
Be sure to use TM every time it is about to wear off

As soon as you get Light Em Up, you can use Tracer Missile 3 times instead

As soon as you get Tracer Lock

TMx3 Unload TMx2 Rail Shot

When you finally get HM

Your rotation should be

TMx3 HM Unload TMx2 Rail Shot
Thank you for posting this, very useful. Its nice to see the progression of how the rotation changes as we level up.