Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideal rotation for Arsenal spec merc?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Ideal rotation for Arsenal spec merc?

Hugedata
12.22.2011 , 06:29 PM | #1
Just wondering rotation to use for ideal. I am noticing that I'm struggling a bit against mobs +1 level to me (21).

I have tracer missile.

Should I throw tracer and rail shot right away or build up multiple tracers first? What else should I throw into the rotation, Unload? Incendiary Missile? Power shot?

Could use some advice about what you guys use. Any help appreciated.

BoredOfMMOS
12.22.2011 , 06:31 PM | #2
tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle

try that
i will miss you Swtor
But your not my mmo home.

Auilt
12.22.2011 , 06:40 PM | #3
The unfortunate reality of your level is that there's not much of a rotation you can use. You don't have the talents to make Rail Shot useful. Unload still does more damage than Tracer Missile even at your level I believe, so it's worth using. The further you get into Arsenal, the more skills you begin to use.

The spec really takes off at 26 when you get 2/2 Terminal Velocity. At that point, you can switch to HVG Cylinder. At 30 when you get Tracer Lock, Rail Shot becomes worth using once you have 5 stacks of the Tracer Missile debuff. And once you get the Barrage talent, you are able to use Unload much more and it does a TON of damage. At 50, my Tracer Missiles are currently hitting for around 1200, but Unload normally does 2500-3000 after a Barrage proc IIRC.

At any rate, you are better off sticking to Tracer Missile for the time being. I know it's boring, but I promise it gets better.

Hugedata
12.22.2011 , 06:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Auilt View Post
The unfortunate reality of your level is that there's not much of a rotation you can use. You don't have the talents to make Rail Shot useful. Unload still does more damage than Tracer Missile even at your level I believe, so it's worth using. The further you get into Arsenal, the more skills you begin to use.

The spec really takes off at 26 when you get 2/2 Terminal Velocity. At that point, you can switch to HVG Cylinder. At 30 when you get Tracer Lock, Rail Shot becomes worth using once you have 5 stacks of the Tracer Missile debuff. And once you get the Barrage talent, you are able to use Unload much more and it does a TON of damage. At 50, my Tracer Missiles are currently hitting for around 1200, but Unload normally does 2500-3000 after a Barrage proc IIRC.

At any rate, you are better off sticking to Tracer Missile for the time being. I know it's boring, but I promise it gets better.

Thanks so much. This is awesome info.

bobafetea
12.22.2011 , 06:46 PM | #5
I'm the same level as you and this is my rotation

Tracer Missile x5 to add buff
then use Rail Shot and Unload each time they cooldown
Power Shot while Unload and Rail Shot is on cooldown
Be sure to use TM every time it is about to wear off

As soon as you get Light Em Up, you can use Tracer Missile 3 times instead

As soon as you get Tracer Lock

TMx3 Unload TMx2 Rail Shot

When you finally get HM

Your rotation should be

TMx3 HM Unload TMx2 Rail Shot
"I see why they call you the best bounty hunter in the galaxy." ― Darth Vader
"Curse Fett! He thinks he's real smart." "He is smart, Bossk. That's why he's the best."

LeFizz
12.22.2011 , 06:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bobafetea View Post
TMx3 HM Unload TMx2 Rail Shot
I'm quite tired so may be missing something here...

...but, why do you need to do TMx2 after the HM and Unload?
Surely with the TMx3, you already have the 5 heat signatures needed for full power Rail Shot?

Am I forgetting something?

bobafetea
12.22.2011 , 06:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LeFizz View Post
I'm quite tired so may be missing something here...

...but, why do you need to do TMx2 after the HM and Unload?
Surely with the TMx3, you already have the 5 heat signatures needed for full power Rail Shot?

Am I forgetting something?
The added boost from Rail Shot isn't from heat signatures, it's from Tracer Lock which is only added each time you use TM
"I see why they call you the best bounty hunter in the galaxy." ― Darth Vader
"Curse Fett! He thinks he's real smart." "He is smart, Bossk. That's why he's the best."

LeFizz
12.22.2011 , 06:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by bobafetea View Post
The added boost from Rail Shot isn't from heat signatures, it's from Tracer Lock which is only added each time you use TM
That's what I forgot, thanks for clearing it up

Hugedata
12.22.2011 , 07:03 PM | #9
At early levels, I felt BH was a bit OP because everything died so easy. Once you start fighting mobs in the 20s range, they start having the ability to heal which makes it much harder to do enough damage to out-damage their heals. I think my problem was not really knowing how to use tracer missile, since prior to getting it I had a tidy rotation setup that allowed me to deal with pretty much anything.

CBdragon
12.22.2011 , 07:03 PM | #10
Here is a helpful site for arsenal info.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread...DPS-Compendium

When in doubt shoot a tracer.