Juggernaut, Assassin, or Sorcerer?

FarkleSparkle

Hey I am trying to decide what imperial class I should make. On the republic side I have a high level commando, so I want a lightsaber class. My friend is going to be a marauder, (Don't worry about roles) and I don't know which class to be.

Sorcerer pros/cons

I want to be a sorcerer because of the lightning abilities. They seem cool.

I don't want to be a sorcerer because they might be too much like commando in the way that they are long-range healers.....

Juggernaut pros/cons-

I want to be a juggernaut because going up and hacking someone with a lightsaber while using force choke sounds awesome

I dont want to be one because I hear the dps is crap and that's the role I have to be....

Assassin pros/cons

I want to be an assassin because of the stealth and double-bladed lightsaber. They are also almost completely opposite of the commando class.

I don't want to be one because I have a fear that the high level gear might look dumb.... and also that I leveled one to level 23 on a different server and don't feel like redoing it... lol sorry it's not just being lazy

So it would be a great help if you just advised me on what imperial class to play. Please choose from these 3 classes and tell me all about your character of one of these. Thank you!

For sage/sorc, TK/lightning spec is fun to play, but it involves much casting and is therefore not super mobile. For pvp, I think that the sage/sorc are a bit weak because they are fairly easy to take down. If you want to go the healing route, sage/sorc are very good. I love the burst damage that a TK/lightning spec can do, but overall dps for PVE is not stellar. For a sage/sorc, at a certain point your lightsaber will become a stats stick that you never use for anything other than giving you better willpower, endurance, etc.

I've had fun with my juggernaut. The story is quite good. The "in your face" and "I WILL DESTROY YOU" mentality is fun. The down side is that you don't get a lot of "cool force power" type abilities. The upside is that you can use taunts. I think the damage is plenty good.

My shadow is great fun for pvp. I can pretty much win any 1v1, provided that I sneak up on them in stealth. For PVE, I think the tank spec is decent, not stellar. For PVE dps, I think the optimal setup is some sort of hybrid that I haven't been able to get a firm handle on. Shadows feel really squishy in PVE to me, like the sage/sorc, but without force armor and active healing abilities. I've never really figured out the shadow as a PVE dps (probably why he's still sitting at level 51).

EDIT: I would go juggernaut. If you have a 23 assassin, you probably already have a reasonable feel for the class. If you are more interested in dps than healing, the sorc would not be the ideal choice (unless you are like me and think the force abilities are super cool and worth being sub-par). As a jugg, you'll do reasonably close to as much damage as your marauder buddy, but with a better tank potential. Plus, taunts are really useful when used properly.

Edited by teclado