So why were Korrellias Mounts removed in the first place...

Transairion

.... if the Starfighter Packs (and likely subsequent Packs) have a Korrellias-line Mount in them?

Back when they were originally removed, as far as I know the reasoning was entirely due to too many of them crowded around mail terminals and the GTN which prevented others from clicking on those utilities:

"Korrealis Corporation, a family-owned personal transportation company based out of Balmorra, has announced that, in response to a sharp increase in customer complaints, all production of the ‘Sovereign’, ‘Prince’, 'Baron' and 'Commander' speeder lines has been halted indefinitely. This announcement comes on the heels of the rumor that Tirsa Industrial Consortium has quietly ceased production of their less than successful 'Prime' model, which faced similar blowback.

Vehicle Vendors across the galaxy have been advised to clear out any remaining stock of these models, and many Vendors have begun offering steep discounts to entice potential customers. Collectors and investors may want to take note that the previous limitations governing the resale of some vehicles seem to have been lifted and are encouraged to use the opportunity to purchase these legacy vehicles while they are still available."

So why, exactly, are new models making a comeback now in Cartel Packs? Did that problem just "go away" or something? Or is there no reason apart from "people want them, so we can make money by releasing new ones"?

I bought a Korrellias Baron are finally earning 20 million credits and snagging one from the GTN, and I really don't mind new models being released in different colours like the Duke SE in green. Though I really wouldn't approve of the Baron being re-released for 1/20th the cost I payed for it...

Though really, why'd you remove them to begin with if you were just going to add more? Just seems like you're going back on your own decision for no reason other than for the Cartel sales...

I'm a bit disappointed the Korrealis mounts have returned. I never got one and I liked how exclusive it was. Returning them to the market cheapens these series of mounts just to appease a bunch of crybaby spoilt brats who demand to have everything in the game. Can't argue with market demand it seems. If they could sell their souls I bet you they would.

Unfortunately the game cratered after launch. A lot of things were re-evaluated and the CM was launched. Sucks as a long time sub really. All the cool items we would have quested for/camped for are in the cartel market now. Times have changed.

No official reason was ever given for the removal. The "waaaaah, they crowd the mailboxes!" complaint being the reason is pure forumite speculation with nothing to back it up. There's been bigger and equally big mounts since then too and they didn't remove the butt-ugly Tirsa which also takes up a ton of space.

If landspeeders become widely available again, I hope there will be a landspeeder ban on fleet. (I don't begrudge anyone their cool mount, I have 7 or 8 myself, but their excessive use on fleet is annoying, particularly in highly frequented areas such as GTN, mailboxes, bank access and mission terminals.)

and they didn't remove the butt-ugly Tirsa which also takes up a ton of space.

Hey! The rust bucket (prime) is the perfect smuggling vehicle. I'm all for variety and choice, so I think it's good they kept it. (Maybe it was kept because of its low popularity rating - it would remain rare because it's undesirable.)

Personally, I think the mint-colored Desler and grass-green Korrealis are much more of an aesthetic accident than the T-Prime. But that's a question of preference, some seem to really love them.

In terms of size the Tirsa is also the smallest of all landspeeder models, most of the others take up almost twice as much space.

Edited by KyaniteD

They were never removed because of their size and congestion. No, it was just a reasoning which people jealous of the big mounts, where coming up with. . No reason was ever given. Mounts affect game's performance just as much as player characters and it's impossible to block objects you can interact with in this game. Edited by Alec_Fortescue

They were never removed because of their size and congestion. No, it was just a reasoning which people jealous of the big mounts, where coming up with. . No reason was ever given. Mounts affect game's performance just as much as player characters and it's impossible to block objects you can interact with in this game.

Yeah, they're not blocked from use, just blocked from view. Blindly searching for the mailbox hidden beneath two or three landspeeders stacked on top of it may not be game-breaking, but it's still annoying.

Edited by KyaniteD

Hey! The rust bucket (prime) is the perfect smuggling vehicle. I'm all for variety and choice, so I think it's good they kept it. (Maybe it was kept because of its low popularity rating - it would remain rare because it's undesirable.)

Personally, I think the mint-colored Desler and grass-green Korrealis are much more of an aesthetic accident than the T-Prime. But that's a question of preference, some seem to really love them.

In terms of size the Tirsa is also the smallest of all landspeeder models, most of the others take up almost twice as much space.

I agree, it is good that the Tirsa wasn't axed as well, even though I think it looks horrible. Because as you say, variety and choice is good and more is better, less is worse. And yes, Korrealis looks bad in green. I can't say for the Dessler as I've never actually come across one in that colour, they're rare enough in any.

Nothing is gonna be rare anymore and I will never again waste money chasing "super rare" items cause they aren't super rare anymore. Look at the shipment 1 packs and Revan's set on the GTN today, so much for super rare. I can now buy anything I want just from running a few dailies and selling isotope which is good for me but eventually bad for the CM imo.

Nothing is gonna be rare anymore and I will never again waste money chasing "super rare" items cause they aren't super rare anymore. Look at the shipment 1 packs and Revan's set on the GTN today, so much for super rare. I can now buy anything I want just from running a few dailies and selling isotope which is good for me but eventually bad for the CM imo.

Hmm well if you think this is bad , consider them pulling out items out of the game, that you actually got from playing the game, and then just selling those on cartel packs as "new content".

I bought a Korrellias Baron are finally earning 20 million credits and snagging one from the GTN, and I really don't mind new models being released in different colours like the Duke SE in green. Though I really wouldn't approve of the Baron being re-released for 1/20th the cost I payed for it.

Why? You'll still have yours. Thankfully your approval is not required.

As someone who bought a couple Korrealis Commander mounts back before they were taken out, I too am disappointed to see them return. Especially through the CM instead of a HM/NiM FP or Operation boss drop.

Yet you bought them, off the GTN, I guess?

:rolleyes:

I hope you got the Special Snowflake title Because you need it.

Edited by branmakmuffin

money > whiners

If there is something that is considered in demand or a hot item then you can expect EA to milk it and put it on the CM in some variant so they can make money off of it. Just the nature of business. I'm not sure why people are shocked with this as the CM is the direction the game is going.

Edited by Denerio

Yeah, they're not blocked from use, just blocked from view. Blindly searching for the mailbox hidden beneath two or three landspeeders stacked on top of it may not be game-breaking, but it's still annoying.

I've noticed with the Korrealis Duke from the new pack that I can't interact with the crafting trainer if I'm mounted. Window pops open briefly then closes. Until I dismount.

As I recall they were removed because people were blocking npcs and mailboxes with the large korrelias.

If that were the case, they would have removed all the other "boat" speeders, too, and not introduced new ones.

Perhaps they think this will not be a problem any more. All the baddies left for another mmorpg.

If only.

Edited by branmakmuffin

If that were the case, they would have removed all the other "boat" speeders, too, and not introduced new ones.

If only.

There was a dev post about it and any one who was around back then can probably remember the threads constantly created complaining about the large speeder problem. The problem is you can't find the thread because the dev is probably no longer a developer for BW and for some reason you can only go back up to early part of 2013 to find developer post. I guess they purge all the developer post from 2012.

Edited by Knockerz

BEFORE even the game came out, it was supposedly a nightmare - according to Bioware - to get some organic mounts going, since the engine wasn't designed to handle them.

Come 2014 and we have ALREADY the Varactyl, Zeldrate, Tauntaun and the Dewback and it's fair to assume that more will come eventually.

As suggested already, it's pretty damn simple: If the payoff warrants it, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is possible. Yesterday, the Earth was flat. Today, we know better.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Link, please.

The point is the problem still exists with speeders they never took out and with speeders they added later. So that theory really does not hold much water.

Can't be linked because it never happened. Noone's ever quoted or linked to such a dev post and there certainly wasn't one on the dev tracker in the weeks before or months after the removal. It's just a popular theory that seems more valid than some of the others so people keep reguritating it as a fact hoping reality will eventually warp and make it true.