Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Makeb Mesa Arena Lag

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaitWatson
01.15.2014 , 05:19 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone!

We understand that a number of you are having frame rate issues in the Makeb Mesa Arena. Please post your computer specs and what is going on when the most lag hits in this thread.

Thanks!

- Tait
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jacobpprice
01.15.2014 , 06:38 PM | #2
I dont have any issues.. But I'm also running an Intel I7 4770k (stock) with 16 gigs of ram @ 1600 and a GTX 770 4gb version on an SSD... Kinda the ideal setup right?... Anyways, no lag issues whatsoever. Anywhere.
<The Houlden Legacy>
Season 1 All Star, From Beyond, Manhunting Gate Crashing Conquerer of the Dread Fortress
<The Shadowlands>

Rhesus_TOR
01.15.2014 , 08:08 PM | #3
Intel 4770k w/liquid cooling
ASUS Maximus VI Hero LGA 1150 Intel Z87 motherboard
2x8GB DDR3 (16GB total)
250GB 3rd gen Intel SSD boot/OS drive
2x2TB WD SATA HDDs (1 applications/1 temp/document files)
GeForce GTX 660ti w/2GB DDR5
All high performance wired input peripherals
Window 7 Ultimate 64

I run the game in all high quality settings, NO AA, NO SHADOWS, windowed mode at 2200x990

The Makeb 4v4 arena lags for me whenever I fight near the edge of the arena. I am wondering if there aren't some object culling issues or camera collision problems as the super low framerate bug only hits me whenever the camera fights the invisible walls in the arena.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum baby!

celsomergulhao
01.16.2014 , 04:19 AM | #4
Processor AMD FX-8150
MB ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
16 Gb Ram
Graphics Radeon HD 6850

Problem are really bad when I go up the bridge, or underneath it. Never had problems in any other Warzone matches. In fact, even Makeb Arena was running fine when it was first released, the frame rate issue started in the first patch after.
Celos - Republic Elite Squadron - Jung Ma

Cody-licious
01.16.2014 , 07:47 AM | #5
Yes, the bridge is the main focus of lag -- the game can almost grind to a halt when I go anywhere near it.
As a result, I always try to tell my teammates not to go up on the bridge, especially to avoid knockback-happy sorcs and mercs... :P

Rig specs to follow when I get home.
55 Mercenary Bodyguard 53 Powertech Pyro
55 Sniper Marksman 55 Operative Concealment 55 Scoundrel Sawbones
55 Sage Seer 51 Shadow Kinetic 55 Assassin Darkness
55 Guardian Vigilance 53 Marauder Carnage

TheCourier-
01.16.2014 , 08:23 AM | #6
The makeb mesa arena is sometimes laggy, particularly around the bridge.

I'm running an i7 930 at 2.8 Ghz, 6 GB 2000 Mhz RAM, Nvidia GTX 770 (superclocked) 2GB, and a OCZ SATA III SSD. My internet connection is 18 Mbps fiber optic.

There is literally no way at all that my computer is to blame for the makeb mesa arena horrendously lagging.
Multiple characters on Pot5

Joesixxpack
01.16.2014 , 08:50 AM | #7
I get sporadic lag at various places around the bridge. On top of the bridge, particularly near the east end, lag is consistently obnoxious if I move my character there. It might be as bad elsewhere on top but I'm usually moving through and not fighting in those areas.

Will post specs later when on my game pc.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

crunchbarry
03.08.2014 , 05:30 PM | #8
sabertooth 990fx
amd fx8120 OC @ 4ghz
zalman all copper cpu cooler
120g crucial ssd
8gb corsair veng @ 1600mhz
sapphire 7850 2gbddr5 oc @ 1050 / 1450mem (13.251.0.0 AMD driver version)
internet is 30mbp/s down and 4mbp/s upload
OS is windows 7 home 64b (7.9 windows score)

most people i've talked to get lag on this map. sometimes it is playable but sometimes it will cause my computer to freeze and i'll get about 1 frame per 5 seconds. i liken it to being stunned for about 10 seconds in pvp. all my graphics are turned down except the shaders i believe. funny, i can run max graphics normally but have turned down thanks to this map.

please let us veto or something at least. in the mean time i will be posting on the forum every time i die and lose thanks to the lag.

typically it starts lagging when the fighting starts but it can also lag to a lesser degree at other times. typically lag occurs in elevated areas of the map.

StefanTOR
03.08.2014 , 06:12 PM | #9
Specs
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
RAM: 4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EX38-DS4 (Socket 775)
Graphics: 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (MSI)
Storage: 298GB SAMSUNG HD321KJ (SATA)

What's going on
Gameplay primarily on the bridge, but sometimes it lags a lot on the two hills as well where you get on the bridge. Under the bridge or anywhere else doesn't seem to have any issues. Happens regardless of how many people are fighting on the bridge or what abilities (animations) are being used.

crunchbarry
03.08.2014 , 08:51 PM | #10
I decided to take the liberty of posting a highlight clip of the lag;

http://www.twitch.tv/vespelmadeenterror/c/3850861

note: current meta for this map is "fight on bottom".