Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gree event? How many times?

Prototypemind
01.16.2014 , 02:11 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I felt exactly opposite! I've always thought of the Gree event as the anti-event.

In my opinion an event should be inclusive of most of the player base, not just be for maxed out raiders. If you get off the fleet and look around the lower level planets, you will notice that there really are large numbers of players who haven't reached cap yet. Rakghoul, Chevin and BH were (are) all accessible to lower level characters and had tons of solo friendly activities with rewards that every player could reasonably expect to be able earn. I was so irritated with the way they designed the Gree event I passed on it the first two times. I nearly quit playing because of it. There is no reason, what so ever, for them to have restricted the tokens so harshly.
Nothing wrong with having events that cater to 50 and up. Would be fun as well to have an event to do something special for lower levels as well if it can be done. You have to do your own thing, but I feel it's a little over the top to want to quit just because it was a higher-level event. Even scaling for level a boss like Xeno would have been very difficult because lower level characters would have no means to mitigate thermal. Lower level healers would have no way to cleanse the group or AoE heal on the worm. It was a fun event, it gave PvPers a chance to do their thing as well, and it's not as if it's running all the time.

We have the BBA open to most all players, Rak returning with that theme, so having the Gree stand as it does isn't destroying the game. Legacy gear is also in general a lot more useful to players with high level toons than those coming up. There's also the reward of giving something to players who stick with the game. No reason we can't have both kinds of events, no?

DarthDymond
01.16.2014 , 09:16 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
When event runs all the time, it stops being an event, but becomes new set of daily (or other) missions...
Pretty sure he's not saying "Gree Event should always be happening" (which I agree would just make it a new set of Dailies) just that some event should always be happening at any given time, i.e. as soon as the Bounty Hunter Event ends, the Gree Event should start, as soon as the Gree Event ends, the Rak'ghoul Event should start, and soon as the Rak'ghoul Event ends... etc, etc, etc. So there's never a time when there is no event going on.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Aries_cz
01.16.2014 , 09:51 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Pretty sure he's not saying "Gree Event should always be happening" (which I agree would just make it a new set of Dailies) just that some event should always be happening at any given time, i.e. as soon as the Bounty Hunter Event ends, the Gree Event should start, as soon as the Gree Event ends, the Rak'ghoul Event should start, and soon as the Rak'ghoul Event ends... etc, etc, etc. So there's never a time when there is no event going on.
Yeah I realize that after rereading it. I wrote that very early in the morning, so I assumed it was asking for a event be always on.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

branmakmuffin
01.16.2014 , 10:06 AM | #24
When event runs all the time, it stops being an event, but becomes new set of daily (or other) missions...
Not the same event all the time, one event or another all time.

Aries_cz
01.16.2014 , 10:29 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Not the same event all the time, one event or another all time.
See above, I wrote that very early in the morning (by my standards), so I wrongly understood the original thought
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

branmakmuffin
01.16.2014 , 10:33 AM | #26
See above, I wrote that very early in the morning (by my standards), so I wrongly understood the original thought
And yes, if a given event is going on all the time, it's not an event. I certainly wouldn't call the GSI missions an event.

My suggestions is an echo of one many have put forth in LotRO, which has 6 roughly 2-week long "seasonal" events (the 4 you expect plus a "Farmers Faire" and an anniversary celebration) as well as other short events. The suggestion was to have one or another of the events running all the time.

Nydus
01.16.2014 , 10:36 AM | #27
I think the timetable set out in the OP is accurate. I seem to remember the first two iterations of the event being the same, with number 3 and 4 seeing the addition of new loot and the refinement of some of the missions (especially those concerning pvp).

The Gree Event is awesome folks. The Rakghoul Plague was better, but in terms of the re-occurring events we've seen it is the only one that I actively want to participate in.

Seriously, what more could you ask for? Awesome loot, dedicated PVE and PVP content. Some of the best in-game community building has happened through this event.

The complaints I hear about the event generally have to do with PVErs who go into the PVP area and get smoked. Well I'm sorry, if you accept a missions clearly labelled "PVP" you have to be prepared to PVP. You can avoid those missions completely and max out your reputation and get the event currency, so stop complaining.

The complaining has actually made me want to actively hunt (other faction) people who try to solo the PVP area.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)