Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gree event? How many times?

SirUrza
01.15.2014 , 03:26 PM | #1
How many times have we had the gree event?

I'm thinking four...

1. The Original (level cap 50)
2. Post 55 (still balanced for level 50)
3. Rebalanced for level 55
4. Snowballs 55 (this past Holiday)

I'm having a feeling that 1 and 2 were the same "event" but I don't really remember.
ị█ị██████ịịΘịị█ị{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

MillionsKNives
01.15.2014 , 03:29 PM | #2
I feel like there was a 5th one, right before 2.0 launched when they had the double XP going.

-Wes-
01.15.2014 , 03:29 PM | #3
That sounds right. Why do you ask?
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Referral Link

ninjonxb
01.15.2014 , 03:31 PM | #4
This feels random, unless I am mistaken the gree event is not happening right now...
Also 5 times in a year for an event that really doesn't have any ties to a real world event really isn't that much. Especially since they are still building events for the game.
For repeatable ones we have 2 (bounty hunter and gree). Ratghoul would be the third.

SirUrza
01.15.2014 , 03:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by -Wes- View Post
That sounds right. Why do you ask?
Just wondering how many times it's been repeated.

The Rakghoul event hasn't been repeated nor has the Grand Acquisitions Race. I'd like to see the original Tatooine event happen again even though we're getting the Rakghouls on Alderaan it seems. I'm wondering if it's being designed to be repeatable.. or perhaps movable to different planets (hence the vendor being on Nar Shadda.)

And the Grand Acquisitions Race... well I never got to do it at all and would like to see it be a yearly event.
ị█ị██████ịịΘịị█ị{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Aries_cz
01.15.2014 , 03:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
This feels random, unless I am mistaken the gree event is not happening right now...
Also 5 times in a year for an event that really doesn't have any ties to a real world event really isn't that much. Especially since they are still building events for the game.
For repeatable ones we have 2 (bounty hunter and gree). Ratghoul would be the third.
The Gree ended on the 1st, I believe.
And BW are reportedly working on some way to bring back the Chevin as well (with different plot probably, as that served as as intro for Gree)
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

JimG
01.15.2014 , 03:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SirUrza View Post
Just wondering how many times it's been repeated.

The Rakghoul event hasn't been repeated nor has the Grand Acquisitions Race. I'd like to see the original Tatooine event happen again even though we're getting the Rakghouls on Alderaan it seems. I'm wondering if it's being designed to be repeatable.. or perhaps movable to different planets (hence the vendor being on Nar Shadda.)

And the Grand Acquisitions Race... well I never got to do it at all and would like to see it be a yearly event.
The Gree Event was billed as a recurring event from the very first time it was introduced. The others were not. So that's why the Gree Event has been repeated and the others have not.

DimmuJanKaarl
01.15.2014 , 03:49 PM | #8
But the Rakghoul event is being repeated. Not in the same exact fashion in 2012 but it is a new occurrence of the same theme. Sadly I missed the Chevin event completely so I do hope they bring it back. I don't understand why people are saying they are "working" on bringing it back. why can't they just "turn it back on"? the assets should still all be there. is it the previously there was no reputation involved? honestly what's the difference between reputation and giving a mission that says do this task 1000 times"?
**Von-Gorgoroth Legacy** [[Jedi Covenant]] LIVING LEGEND
||MASTER CRAFTSMAN|| //Founder// :: -LEGENDARY-
Main: Dimmu'jan-kaarl 65 Watchman Sentinel

-Wes-
01.15.2014 , 03:54 PM | #9
I like the repeating of events as well. I don't have the time or the interest to spend a ton of time over a short period to do something like max our rep points, etc., on an event... particularly when that means repeating the same content. So, if maxing our reputation means grinding, please make the event recurring (in one form or another).
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Referral Link

DarthDymond
01.15.2014 , 03:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SirUrza View Post
How many times have we had the gree event?

I'm thinking four...

1. The Original (level cap 50)
2. Post 55 (still balanced for level 50)
3. Rebalanced for level 55
4. Snowballs 55 (this past Holiday)

I'm having a feeling that 1 and 2 were the same "event" but I don't really remember.
1 and 2 were separate events, there was definitely at least one time when it was balanced for 50 when 50 was the max-level and another time when the mobs were all still 50 but 55 was the max-level. I feel like there was a fifth time in there though.

EDIT: found a full list on Wookieepedia:
1) Feb 12
2) March 12 (probably the one that felt like the "same event" you mentioned)
3) May 21
4) July 23
5) Dec 24
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here