Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Coming back after almost 2 years. need advice.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Coming back after almost 2 years. need advice.

Thiago
01.15.2014 , 03:05 PM | #1
Topic.

I am a former beta/founder and I am back to the game. My guardian and main has cybertech almost maxed. Now lemme explain: back then, seems that some vehicles crafted using cyber were BoP, that means you could give or sell them. So I picked this skill hoping to crafted every vehicle aviable back then and then switch to artificer for more rping and personal preference reasons.

Now I rolled another guardian so I can learn the game again and I am really torn about wich skill I should pick. I want to ask you if the vehicles created using cyber are still BoP or they changed that? I am planing retiring my first guardian anyway.

Kuratla
01.16.2014 , 07:10 AM | #2
My Cybertech guy has 2 or 3 mount schematics and I know for sure that I've made them and gave them to other alts in my legacy. But I don't remember if it's bound to legacy or bound on pickup. I'd need to log in and check but I'm not at home.
Pubs: Ixtap (Sage 55), Jabru (Commando 55), Gargauth (Guardian 54)

Imps: Mordeus (Juggernaut 55), Kyli (Assassin 55)

banehammer
01.17.2014 , 12:43 AM | #3
The cybertech mounts are lame, and much cheaper to buy on the gtn than to make urself.

However id still recommend CT for end game coin through selling mods and armouring.
Endoor | Guardian Jedi's have grenades now
Noxali | Sorcerer Storming to the light side like a traitor
HARBRINGER

eartharioch
01.17.2014 , 01:04 AM | #4
There are three CT mounts, a Tier 1, a Tier 2, and a Tier 3. They are [now] BoE so if you make them, you can give/trade/sell them. However, thanks to the CM, there are a lot more mounts available than were at launch, and since they are BoE also, there is a wide variety for sale on the GTN at any given time, and many for less than the cost of the schematics/mats necessary to build the CT ones.

So, I'd take a look at the GTN and see which mounts look good for your char(s). One thing to note, the CM mounts can be unlocked for every character in your account using CC, but CT mounts, like special drop mounts, and the few direct purchase mounts still available, have to be purchased per-character with in-game credits.

Also, CT makes the cheapest MK-9 Augment Kit parts in addition to very profitable armorings and mods. If you have it nearly maxed, there's no real good reason I can see for swapping it out.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

Karkais
01.17.2014 , 02:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by banehammer View Post
The cybertech mounts are lame, and much cheaper to buy on the gtn than to make urself.
There is nothing wrong about them except the looks.. All speeders have the same 3 speeds anyway.

The cartel market has flooded the game with various commodities including speeders though, I don't think speeders are a good item to sell anymore. Cybertech can still make money by selling armorings and mods though.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

TheSupaCoopa
01.17.2014 , 02:06 PM | #6
Duran'del Here:

I'm planing to craft a bunch of seismic grenades and sell them.

Thats probably going to bite me back in the butt when I do the PvP dailies/Weeklies.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

eartharioch
01.17.2014 , 03:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
There is nothing wrong about them except the looks.. All speeders have the same 3 speeds anyway.
1) Looks are subjective, fortunately, there is a Preview option. My main still uses the Hotrigged Speeder Bike most frequently, and I bought the Digital Subscriber pack, so have the 'free' adaptive speeder.

2) The Custom-Built Hoverbike is 90% speed (Tier 1), the Custom-Built Speeder Bike is 100% speed (Tier 2), and the Hotrigged Speeder Bike is 110% speed (Tier 3). They have been since launch; most of the launch speeders were speed-locked; the only one that I can think of that wasn't is the Digital Subscriber speeder. OFC, pretty much everything since launch (i.e., all the CM speeders, and thus almost every still-available speeder) is adaptive (uses highest speed you can use).
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link