Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't choose class (more detailed)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can't choose class (more detailed)

Redundant
01.15.2014 , 02:02 PM | #11
Don't be afraid to try classes out. If your not sure, try looking at some live streams of people playing or doing raids. There are plenty out there and may give you idea of what you want to play.

Really none of us can tell you what you want to play. Only you can do that.
TOROcast.com: The Fifth Pillar
SWTOR's longest running fan podcast.

Jleyland
01.15.2014 , 02:07 PM | #12
Would a good idea be to watch videos of the class and see what looks more fun then just level that?

Redundant
01.15.2014 , 02:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jleyland View Post
Would a good idea be to watch videos of the class and see what looks more fun then just level that?
It could definitely help you get a general idea of the class and how it plays and what too expect. Might even help you decide what type of role you would want to be when you hit end game.
TOROcast.com: The Fifth Pillar
SWTOR's longest running fan podcast.

Jleyland
01.15.2014 , 02:12 PM | #14
Nice. See on wow I had 85's ranging from mage to warriors on the whole I raided with the mage more I think but still I enjoyed the death knight quite abit aswell

SirUrza
01.15.2014 , 02:16 PM | #15
I'd go with a sniper/gunslinger or a marauder/sentinel.

A sorcerer/sage is definitely an option but they're sooo squishy.

My main is a sorcerer, but I play as a healer, not as a dps. The damage isn't as high, but I've enjoy the DPS options of the juggernaut/guardian, though they're meant to be more tanky.
ị█ị██████ịịΘịị█ị{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Jleyland
01.15.2014 , 02:43 PM | #16
I prefer more general combat classes that make me feel involved so I think I'm going to go with the sith juggernaut and start tanking again, thanks for the help guys

ZionHalcyon
01.15.2014 , 02:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jleyland View Post
I don't like powertech I got it to 14 and it felt abit to slow and not really flow at all. Dps wise it's between sorc, marauder or sniper. Tanking I'd go jugg, healing I'd go sorc
If you want DPS on a Hunter, you should have leveled an Arsenal Merc. You get Death from Above early (Level 10!), and it's really also in an upper class of DPS, although not as good as sniper. But rotations are very easy, and on a raid its a very easy role to play - just point and nuke. Not a lot of tactical knowledge or timing needed.

I've greatly enjoyed my arsenal merc. Gave up on my powertech early because as you said, too blah.

branmakmuffin
01.15.2014 , 03:04 PM | #18
If you want top-flight DPS, there are only 2 choices: Sentinel/Marauder for melee or Gunslinger/Sniper for ranged. If you want Leeroy Jenkins, go Guardian/Juggernaut DPS.

Jleyland
01.15.2014 , 03:10 PM | #19
I'm not really bothered about the dps, tanking seems more active and rewarding by the looks of it