Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't choose class (more detailed)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can't choose class (more detailed)

Jleyland
01.15.2014 , 01:08 PM | #1
Hey, the last post I made I didn't give much info so hopefully this will help. I'm not really after stealth I prefer more upfront damage, so that's operative ruled out. In terms of what role I want well I want it to be active, engaging and fairly fast paced with a sort of flow to it.in terms of leading a group I'm not 100% sure if I'd like that I'd find it quite frustrating I'd rather just chip in when I've got some good info. Again, any help would be much appreciated and sorry for making a second thread.

Jleyland
01.15.2014 , 01:15 PM | #2
I would like a more background role but still feel appreciated in the group I think again I'm not 100% sure, on some Myers Briggs test I mostly get infj (introvert etc) if that helps

Joonbeams
01.15.2014 , 01:33 PM | #3
Sniper. Pure DPS class so you'll never be one of the "vital" tank/heal roles, so you can be as "background" as is allowed by this game. It's not stealthy, which is your other criterion. And it's a fun AC generally.

Jleyland
01.15.2014 , 01:37 PM | #4
Not necessarily not being vital just less of a leader leading a group through an instance I don't think I'm much into that in a class I also like being able to solo easily

Sibenice
01.15.2014 , 01:39 PM | #5
Jedi Sentinel.

All dps, ridiculously fun, kills things quickly in the outside world. Plus, lightsaber throwing and jumping at things is awesome.

Jleyland
01.15.2014 , 01:45 PM | #6
Both seem like great classes, i think my main problem is that I'm not to sure if I prefer melee or ranged

Ottoattack
01.15.2014 , 01:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jleyland View Post
Hey, the last post I made I didn't give much info so hopefully this will help. I'm not really after stealth I prefer more upfront damage, so that's operative ruled out. In terms of what role I want well I want it to be active, engaging and fairly fast paced with a sort of flow to it.in terms of leading a group I'm not 100% sure if I'd like that I'd find it quite frustrating I'd rather just chip in when I've got some good info. Again, any help would be much appreciated and sorry for making a second thread.
Well, I think you are looking for a melee class considering "active, engaging and fairly fast paced." Marauders defiantly fit here, so does jugg and power techs (excluding stealth). Which is it? That us a personal taste. Marauder and jugg play fairly close to each other, and are heavy melee. Power tech is more of a short range.

If you are considering ranged, then sniper.

teclado
01.15.2014 , 01:50 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jleyland View Post
Both seem like great classes, i think my main problem is that I'm not to sure if I prefer melee or ranged
The only way to know is to try each! I've discovered that I prefer ranged, but melee is fun sometimes too. It doesn't take real long to just try a little of everything and choose what you like best. That's what I did. I have 11 characters...
Malovo / Malivů / Malivar / Malivo
Harbinger

Jleyland
01.15.2014 , 01:54 PM | #9
Isee, well marauder seems like fun but I'm not sure to start tanking or healing compared to dps

Jleyland
01.15.2014 , 02:01 PM | #10
I don't like powertech I got it to 14 and it felt abit to slow and not really flow at all. Dps wise it's between sorc, marauder or sniper. Tanking I'd go jugg, healing I'd go sorc