Not-so-traditional build SITH ASSASSIN MADNESS SPEC

SexyGhost

Hi everyone! So to give an idea as to the motive behind the following proposed build, I am a new player with my first 55, which happens to be a Sith Assassin. I have come to love the madness spec, and I intend to get enough wz commendations for pvp gear. However I have discovered through the hard way that if I go straight DPS stats like power+accuracy+crit it doesn't leave much survivability when it comes to 1v1 situations like for example when facing off against Infiltration Shadows and/or Combat Sentinels, whom bursts are just too much for me to handle. Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but I was hoping to get some feedbacks on the following build.

In lieu of Resolve Armoring, I will replace it with Force Wielder for the extra Endurance. I will keep the Mettle mods for the Willpower and Crit stats. And for the enhancements, I will use both Incisive (Defense + Surge Rating*) [* = The higher of the two secondary stats] and Intuition (Defense + Accuracy*). I calculate this build will give me more chance to deflect, parry, or even resist. Some might argue that Critical Rating is essential, but I figured I could boost it with Critical Augments, plus my implants and earpiece. Besides, with the passive critical chance from skill tree plus Recklessness, I doubt critical will be a huge problem.

So there is my proposal. I welcome any feedbacks, preferably relevant to the topic.

If you're planning on running full madness (I would strongly recommend not doing so) or any dps build for that matter do not even bother with high endurance. That will come with augments and everything else naturally. You want to be right around 30khp. Any higher than that like taking high endurance armorings or mods and you will be severely crippling your damage potential. And don't take anything with defensive stats in it when playing full dps, it would be a great mistake to think it would benefit you as you wont even notice a difference in survival.

Honestly just stick to the basics, power/surge. You can run 1-2 crit or accuracy mods/enhancements but you really want to focus on power and surge. For augs if you really want to drive up crit pick up resolve mods.

Madness is in a very, very bad state so I wouldn't even bother playing it. If you do then best of luck, can have some slow ramp up time and when you have to get into melee range you're the squish. Just take it from someone who used to play madness exclusively for over a year and that 2.0 gutted the spec to balance out hybrids. If you're dead set on running a build with lightning charge than your only bet is a deception/madness hybrid.

If you're planning on running full madness (I would strongly recommend not doing so) or any dps build for that matter do not even bother with high endurance. That will come with augments and everything else naturally. You want to be right around 30khp. Any higher than that like taking high endurance armorings or mods and you will be severely crippling your damage potential. And don't take anything with defensive stats in it when playing full dps, it would be a great mistake to think it would benefit you as you wont even notice a difference in survival.

Honestly just stick to the basics, power/surge. You can run 1-2 crit or accuracy mods/enhancements but you really want to focus on power and surge. For augs if you really want to drive up crit pick up resolve mods.

Madness is in a very, very bad state so I wouldn't even bother playing it. If you do then best of luck, can have some slow ramp up time and when you have to get into melee range you're the squish. Just take it from someone who used to play madness exclusively for over a year and that 2.0 gutted the spec to balance out hybrids. If you're dead set on running a build with lightning charge than your only bet is a deception/madness hybrid.

Wow is it that bad? I thought I dealt some pretty good damage with it. But then again it was 30-54 war zone.

Thanks for your opinion!

Wow is it that bad? I thought I dealt some pretty good damage with it. But then again it was 30-54 war zone.

Thanks for your opinion!

Yeah the damage can be good if you're good at lining up some attacks but honestly I have seen maybe 3 assassins or shadows play madness/balance in which they were a benefit to their team.