Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Darth Vader Gear?


RPetrelli's Avatar


RPetrelli
01.15.2014 , 11:08 AM | #1
This might be an unintelligent question because of the fact that this is like 2000 years before him, but, is there any reason Darth Vader's uniform has not been added to the game? I mean, I can understand why it wouldn't make sense but the gear still looks cool, so why not?
Lead by example, let actions speak louder than words, show courtesy and respect to your enemies as well as your friends, and do away with laziness, negativity, and unfaithfulness.

- Amy's Dragons Guild Motto

Essence_of_Light's Avatar


Essence_of_Light
01.15.2014 , 11:11 AM | #2
Because that would be silly, and like you said wouldn't make ANY sense in the slightest.

Plus, could you imagine seeing Darth Vaders everywhere? That'd be horrific.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, and free CC unlocks!

JPryde's Avatar


JPryde
01.15.2014 , 11:12 AM | #3
For the same reason, why nothing unique from the movies should ever be implemented in a game as playable.

ONE Vader is cool. ONE Yoda is cool. ONE JarJar is... wait... er... is already to much.

A hundred vaders and a gazillion of Yodas however would severely simplify such iconic characters, which should never ever happen. Some things just should never be given to players and Vaders outfit is definitely one of those.

Totally apart from the 3500 years of time difference.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
T3-M4
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Elly_Dawn's Avatar


Elly_Dawn
01.15.2014 , 11:52 AM | #4
no, absolutely not, for reasons stated elsewhere...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
01.15.2014 , 12:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
For the same reason, why nothing unique from the movies should ever be implemented in a game as playable.

ONE Vader is cool. ONE Yoda is cool. ONE JarJar is... wait... er... is already to much.

A hundred vaders and a gazillion of Yodas however would severely simplify such iconic characters, which should never ever happen. Some things just should never be given to players and Vaders outfit is definitely one of those.

Totally apart from the 3500 years of time difference.
Yep, and that's probably why they didn't introduce "lore armor" in the beginning ... But they did already ... Bow before the mighty fans ...
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

AlexDougherty's Avatar


AlexDougherty
01.15.2014 , 12:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RPetrelli View Post
This might be an unintelligent question because of the fact that this is like 2000 years before him, but, is there any reason Darth Vader's uniform has not been added to the game? I mean, I can understand why it wouldn't make sense but the gear still looks cool, so why not?
More like 3700 years before him, and Vaders outfit was unique, it was created specifically for him, using a design that had no prescedents (ie nothing had looked like that).
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Malastare's Avatar


Malastare
01.15.2014 , 12:48 PM | #7
Because Darth Vader doesn't exist yet.

Despite some questionable similarities to armor and fashion 3700 years in the future, the game doesn't include any mentions of characters or events that happen in the lore-future. All of the character armors in the game come from characters that existed before the current time. Adding in Vader or Boba Fett's armor would be nonsensical to the time period.

Malastare's Avatar


Malastare
01.15.2014 , 01:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Yep, and that's probably why they didn't introduce "lore armor" in the beginning ... But they did already ... Bow before the mighty fans ...
Yup. Technically speaking the "lore armor" is "replica lore armor". Of course, that's not terribly better. Its not like we have SAS and SEAL teams running around in Alexander the Great and Genghis Khan costumes. Even a cop wearing a Wyatt Earp costume would get more laughs than respect.

Still... I'm accepting of most of the lore armor, as the model quality is pretty good and the style seems to fit the Universe as well as or better than any of the original armors.

hadoken's Avatar


hadoken
01.15.2014 , 01:09 PM | #9
For a change, you answered your own question in your OP.

Also if I get this straight combined with your other thread, you want a character named Revan that's dressed as Darth Vader? Do you have any original ideas, ever?

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
01.15.2014 , 01:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RPetrelli View Post
This might be an unintelligent question because of the fact that this is like 2000 years before him, but, is there any reason Darth Vader's uniform has not been added to the game? I mean, I can understand why it wouldn't make sense but the gear still looks cool, so why not?
Question asked and answered in the same post.
A new record!