Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the future of war.

TUXs
01.15.2014 , 10:41 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Earth defeats lightning just as much as paper beats rock. Lightning is powerful, but when was the last time the Earth blew up due to a little lightning. The Republic has perpetuated the lies that lightning is more powerful than pebbles because it garners them sympathy with the galaxy and lulls the Empire into a false sense of security. Open your eyes community! Before it is too late!
However, lightning has multiple uses. I can use it to start a fire, warm a hotdog, light the dark, stop my dog from relieving himself on the carpet...pebbles just...sit there..."oh, but they can be used to pave a road" SCREW THAT! Lightning can SCORCH the Earth below my feet to make a flipping road!
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Rasen
01.15.2014 , 10:59 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
However, lightning has multiple uses. I can use it to start a fire, warm a hotdog, light the dark, stop my dog from relieving himself on the carpet...pebbles just...sit there..."oh, but they can be used to pave a road" SCREW THAT! Lightning can SCORCH the Earth below my feet to make a flipping road!
Yes, but just like paper you need to mold earth into a weapon capable of striking down lightning. A paper defeats rock by covering it, but can only do so with some kinetic energy. Earth defeats lightning in the same way. Lightning strikes and scorches earth, but all earth has to do is shuffle around and BAM! good as new. This leads me to my next topic of discussion! Why kinetic energy should affect force powers! I will post my thesis now and will provide no tldr.

*assassinated by Bioware*

Oh and to stay on topic yes this sounds interesting, but definitely faction imbalance will cause issues. Nonetheless I would love to see an attempt at stuff like this.

HoloTweed
01.15.2014 , 11:09 AM | #13
Lightning vs. Rock is a diversion of the thread. Perhaps if you guys want to debate that you can start your own instead of hijacking this one?

The faction imbalance definitely would require some consideration before any concept like the one presented here could be implemented.

The easiest way would seem to be a weighting system that would afford a multiplier to the lower population faction (which, let's face it, would likely always be the Republic). So if every Republic contribution was worth 1.75 times an Imperial contribution (or, obviously, whatever the specific server population difference % is) then at least you'd get a fair and reasonable competition on the server...