Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lost all action bar data....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
lost all action bar data....

Thatcrazypenguin
01.15.2014 , 03:43 AM | #1
Ok so logged onto the game last night after a long time away and found my toon as I left it, all my abilitys still in place on the action bars as id left, which is a very good thing as id forgotten a lot of how to play and what abilities need using when etc. Now before I logged off last night I used my free namechange as I thought new subscription new start and wanted to change my mains name so I did so.

But I logon this morning, to find all my action bars apart from the main default one on the bottom of the ui missing, this is a major problem for me as I had it setup exactly as was easiest for me and having been away for so long ive now no idea what works best where!

Could this be related to changing my characters name I wonder? say the games created a new character config file for the renamed character? or could there be another reason? if it is the config file where exactly do I access that in the game directory(so i can copy across the old one and hopefully get my bars back) as I cant seem to find it.

so yeah....help! lol

AlexDougherty
01.15.2014 , 04:18 AM | #2
Shouldn't be the name change, admittedly it was about eight months when I used mine, but all it did was change the name.

Suggest you raise a ticket in game or complain on the CS forum.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Jerba
01.15.2014 , 04:51 AM | #3
Your User Interfaces are only saved locally on your computer, not on the servers. If you play the game on a new computer or newly installed it, you'll have to recreate your User Interface. I recommend that you set the interface to "Extended Quickbars" before customizing it since that is a good starting point.

However, fear not! If you still have access to the old computer, go to the following folder:
C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles
This is where all your interfaces are stored. Pick the right one, e.g. "Thatcrazypenguin 1.xml" and copy it to the same folder on the new computer. Note that you'll need to restart the game so that it recognizes you copied a new interface there.

JediRelentless
01.15.2014 , 05:07 AM | #4
It's probably because of the name change. Click the icon that is above the lock icon to Open Quick UI Customization. You'll see a list of saved Interfaces. You can also find the list by opening the UI editor.