Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't choose a class (not new)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can't choose a class (not new)

01.14.2014 , 07:20 PM | #21
The only thing I can do is to tell you which ones I like and don't like and the reasoning behind it:

* I'm not a fan of VG/PT: I feel that the class is bland. I want a pure ranged or pure melee class and not something inbetween, mid range'ish.
*I'm not a fan of merc/commando: This is more a matter of these two being replaceable by classes, which atleast IMO, are much better at doing the same thing.
*I'm torn when it comes to GS/Sniper: I like the class in raids because you get the most bang for the buck but in every other enviroment I just find them to be "meh" in comparison to for instance sorc/sage.
*Not a big fan of sin/shadow: This is probably because I had played sage/sorc for the longest time when I rolled a shadow. The melee part just feels like a restriction to me. They're ok and really good at certain things but the fun factor is IMO lower than on other classes.

I've never rolled a guardian/jugg so I can't speak on that topic.

Now, the ones I like:
*Scoundrel/operative: Fun dps specs to mess around on, far from the best though (or atleast until 2.6 drops),and my favorite heal spec for both PvP and PvE.
*Sage/sorc: Really smooth in solo PvE, viable in raids and good in warzones as long as you stay away from Arena.
*Sent/Mara: It's Star wars.

01.14.2014 , 07:23 PM | #22
Thanks ush my favourite classes in games tend to be those that have pretty active, fast paced combat whilst also having survivability. So would you say those traits are more suited to a tank more so than other classes?

01.14.2014 , 08:18 PM | #23

01.15.2014 , 12:56 PM | #24
I like more of flow to combat and pretty fast paced, would tanking more fit that style?