Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't choose a class (not new)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can't choose a class (not new)

Jleyland
01.14.2014 , 06:14 PM | #1
Hey, I've been having a lot of trouble choosing a class in swtor and it's really stopping me from enjoying the game. I played WoW for a good 3 years and had about 7 85's ranging from warrior to warlock. The bottom line is I'm not 100% on what I exactly prefer ranged or melee dps or maybe even tanking or healing. I've played every class to at least level 11 and I'm still just not sure what I want, any help would be greatly appreciated and any more info I can give I will.

Xdancp
01.14.2014 , 06:17 PM | #2
So what exactly are you asking?

Sindorin
01.14.2014 , 06:17 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jleyland View Post
Hey, I've been having a lot of trouble choosing a class in swtor and it's really stopping me from enjoying the game. I played WoW for a good 3 years and had about 7 85's ranging from warrior to warlock. The bottom line is I'm not 100% on what I exactly prefer ranged or melee dps or maybe even tanking or healing. I've played every class to at least level 11 and I'm still just not sure what I want, any help would be greatly appreciated and any more info I can give I will.
Um, you're not really giving us anything to work with. You're basically saying you've played all the play types, and you don't have a preference for any of them, and you've played all the SWTOR classes to 11 and don't have a favorite. Answer? Pick one, because you're not really going to get any help from the community, and the game is about what you like.
< White Rose >
For The Republic!
Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!

Jleyland
01.14.2014 , 06:22 PM | #4
Yeh sorry for being so vague xD Well basically being able to solo things like heroic quests and a very active rotation dps/viability at max isn't much concern for me although I'm planning on doing operations I'd rather picka. Class/role that's fun for me.

Xdancp
01.14.2014 , 06:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jleyland View Post
Yeh sorry for being so vague xD Well basically being able to solo things like heroic quests and a very active rotation dps/viability at max isn't much concern for me although I'm planning on doing operations I'd rather picka. Class/role that's fun for me.
Sadly, nobody can tell you what you consider fun.

Lorrimar
01.14.2014 , 06:28 PM | #6
This game could always use another tank of some sort *shrug*

Jleyland
01.14.2014 , 06:28 PM | #7
I'm aware of that, I'm asking more how can I get to that stage without spending a stupid amount of time on every class in the game

Jleyland
01.14.2014 , 06:29 PM | #8
Yeh tanking or healing preferably I think

chuixupu
01.14.2014 , 06:31 PM | #9
There really isn't any way for us to tell you what you'll enjoy most. If there was on class that was better than all the others for everyone, everyone would just play that class. I like playing most of them, just pick one that seems appealing and most likely you'll enjoy it.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Jleyland
01.14.2014 , 06:34 PM | #10
Appealing in what way? Rotation? Appearance? It would really help if I new typical personality traits of healer or tanks and that would help me pick really but there's nothing like that on the internet