Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Recieved two Burba Seismic Excavator/Scanne but just paid for one?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recieved two Burba Seismic Excavator/Scanne but just paid for one?

agreement's Avatar


agreement
01.14.2014 , 11:34 AM | #1
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, anyway.

I just bought a Burba Seismic Excavator/Scanner to scan for HK parts, but when I bought the scanner I recieved two scanners, one of the scanners was refundable, so I could sell it back to the vendor for the full price, but why did I recieve two scanners when I only paid for one?

KurganNazzir's Avatar


KurganNazzir
01.14.2014 , 11:40 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by agreement View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, anyway.

I just bought a Burba Seismic Excavator/Scanner to scan for HK parts, but when I bought the scanner I recieved two scanners, one of the scanners was refundable, so I could sell it back to the vendor for the full price, but why did I recieve two scanners when I only paid for one?
You get one automatically when you start the HK quest (I think after you do Theoretika) so you don't even need to buy it. I'm guessing you just didn't see the previous one in your inventory so you thought you got two from the purchase when you really got one from purchase and one from quest.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

spanthegnome's Avatar


spanthegnome
01.14.2014 , 12:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
You get one automatically when you start the HK quest (I think after you do Theoretika) so you don't even need to buy it. I'm guessing you just didn't see the previous one in your inventory so you thought you got two from the purchase when you really got one from purchase and one from quest.
I never got a free one.
Spann | Mercenary Spandy | Operative Spannder | Marauder

agreement's Avatar


agreement
01.14.2014 , 01:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
There was a BOGO sale at the time.
"BOGO sale"?

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
01.14.2014 , 01:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by agreement View Post
"BOGO sale"?
Buy One, Get One (free)

I've always thought it was a poor acronym.
I mean, you bought one so obviously you'd be getting one.
If you bought one and got none, you'd file a complaint and maybe sue them.

BOGOF would be better but the marketing types don't think it's as snappy.

KurganNazzir's Avatar


KurganNazzir
01.14.2014 , 01:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by spanthegnome View Post
I never got a free one.
I've gotten it free on every character (at least 10) who has done the quest, but I also only did the quest starting last summer so maybe it was changed between the original HK release and then.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

agreement's Avatar


agreement
01.14.2014 , 02:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Buy One, Get One (free)

I've always thought it was a poor acronym.
I mean, you bought one so obviously you'd be getting one.
If you bought one and got none, you'd file a complaint and maybe sue them.

BOGOF would be better but the marketing types don't think it's as snappy.
Haha, ok.

DataBeaver's Avatar


DataBeaver
01.15.2014 , 03:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
You get one automatically when you start the HK quest (I think after you do Theoretika) so you don't even need to buy it. I'm guessing you just didn't see the previous one in your inventory so you thought you got two from the purchase when you really got one from purchase and one from quest.
I think the scanner is a reward from the bonus quest on the Theoretika, where you need to read all the datapads.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
I've always thought BOGO was a poor acronym.
BOGO reminds me of bogus. Which is what marketing often is. See also bogon.

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
01.15.2014 , 03:04 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
I think the scanner is a reward from the bonus quest on the Theoretika, where you need to read all the datapads.
No, not the bonus but the regular quest.
I got it for free on every char as well
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
LeoniŽ&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa