Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Arndt's VII script focused on Solo/Skywalker kids.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Arndt's VII script focused on Solo/Skywalker kids.

JattaGin's Avatar


JattaGin
01.13.2014 , 06:04 PM | #21
"The rumor is that Obi-Wan Kenobi had a daughter or granddaughter." (From the article.)

A daughter OR a granddaughter. I can imagine an and, but an or, well, that would be something.

Elfa's Avatar


Elfa
01.13.2014 , 06:11 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
It totally short circuits the run people are making on hyperbole and fantasy.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Rafaman's Avatar


Rafaman
01.13.2014 , 06:11 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I'll admit I've never a made feature length, multi-million whatever-currency film before, but I'm a little concerned that the film's supposed (supposedly) to drop end of next year and they haven't sorted out the script yet? I read that there were intentions to keep CGI to a minimum, which implies a lot of costume work, which takes time,and if they don't know what they're doing...
Yeah... I don't disagree with you, but J.J. Abrams already has the ball. And don't be fooled, it will be his vision that we see on the screen. And while there will be a writer, J. J. and his crew will be writing and changing things up to have things go in the direction they want it to go. That is what I've seen happen with other movies like this once a big name producer/director gets involved.

So, my guess is that there is a lot of prelim work being done on costumes, basic set design, locations, etc. They will make the script fit the movie they want to shoot. Sounds counter intuitive, but it has worked with Whedon and Abrams. Not sure it would work for anyone else.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
01.13.2014 , 06:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
They will make the script fit the movie they want to shoot. Sounds counter intuitive, but it has worked with Whedon and Abrams. Not sure it would work for anyone else.
Yeah.. that is part and parcel to Whedon and Abrams style IMO. Seems to make fans coocoo for cocoa puffs though.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

discbox's Avatar


discbox
01.13.2014 , 06:24 PM | #25
Like Star Trek, JJ Abrams will ruin Star Wars.

Never ask a overrated overhyped hipster to make a sequel to a famous movie trilogy.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
01.13.2014 , 06:33 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Yeah... I don't disagree with you, but J.J. Abrams already has the ball. And don't be fooled, it will be his vision that we see on the screen. And while there will be a writer, J. J. and his crew will be writing and changing things up to have things go in the direction they want it to go. That is what I've seen happen with other movies like this once a big name producer/director gets involved.

So, my guess is that there is a lot of prelim work being done on costumes, basic set design, locations, etc. They will make the script fit the movie they want to shoot. Sounds counter intuitive, but it has worked with Whedon and Abrams. Not sure it would work for anyone else.
Yeah I just... I want to be able to watch this film, you know? No excessive lens flares. I have sensitive eyes. Abrams wasn't necessarily part of Man of Steel, but his lens flares were there. I was nearly blinded by the terraforming.

Rafaman's Avatar


Rafaman
01.13.2014 , 06:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Yeah.. that is part and parcel to Whedon and Abrams style IMO. Seems to make fans coocoo for cocoa puffs though.
It does indeed. Lol! Man... not sure about Abrams, but I'll buy just about anything Whedon is selling on screen. He is a damn good writer as well.

Rafaman's Avatar


Rafaman
01.13.2014 , 06:39 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Yeah I just... I want to be able to watch this film, you know? No excessive lens flares. I have sensitive eyes. Abrams wasn't necessarily part of Man of Steel, but his lens flares were there. I was nearly blinded by the terraforming.
That is the danger with Abrams I think. He goes for big special effects and sometimes that seems to side track the story. I know about the lens flares. I don't have sensitive eyes and man, they are impacting to the visual spectrum.

CosmicKat's Avatar


CosmicKat
01.13.2014 , 06:42 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Yeah I just... I want to be able to watch this film, you know? No excessive lens flares. I have sensitive eyes. Abrams wasn't necessarily part of Man of Steel, but his lens flares were there. I was nearly blinded by the terraforming.
"Lens flare" is an optical trick used to fake your brain into thinking you are seeing something real, and not totally CGI. Ironically, we never actually see lens flare in reality, but it's so ingrained in movies, that it looks phoney without it.

It is the most minor quibble in the history of quibbles though.

CosmicKat's Avatar


CosmicKat
01.13.2014 , 06:48 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
That is the danger with Abrams I think. He goes for big special effects and sometimes that seems to side track the story. I know about the lens flares. I don't have sensitive eyes and man, they are impacting to the visual spectrum.
You didn't just infer Star Wars might be ruined by a director's penchant for special effects distracting from the story did you? Have you seen the prequels? They only reason the wall to wall special effects don't distract from the story is because there is no story to distract from.