Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arndt's VII script focused on Solo/Skywalker kids.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Arndt's VII script focused on Solo/Skywalker kids.

chuixupu
01.13.2014 , 05:03 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hestis View Post
No, if you read the actual quote, it says the original characters would only be in the forefront for episode VII and then the newer characters would become the focus for VIII and IX.
Yeah, I was just going to point that out. The only difference being made here is that they're giving the original characters "a proper sendoff" before the new cast takes over in the following movies. After the first movie they'll be stepping off the plate.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Savej
01.13.2014 , 05:07 PM | #12
They could be thinking about re-using the core characters in continuing adventures but with new actors (and cameos from the originals). Of course that would be completely unprecedented but who knows, maybe JJ is that crazy?
75 year old main casts just don't work in action movies that don't have Sly or Clint in them.

Docmal
01.13.2014 , 05:12 PM | #13
From what I have read the casting is calling for young and fit looking teens / twenties. They want both boys and girls so my bet is on movies centering around the kids. It makes no sense to make an action Sci-fi movie about old fogies. Specially from Disney. It would never happen.
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...

chuixupu
01.13.2014 , 05:25 PM | #14
Maybe actually read the article. Crazy idea, I know.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Tatile
01.13.2014 , 05:32 PM | #15
I'll admit I've never a made feature length, multi-million whatever-currency film before, but I'm a little concerned that the film's supposed (supposedly) to drop end of next year and they haven't sorted out the script yet? I read that there were intentions to keep CGI to a minimum, which implies a lot of costume work, which takes time,and if they don't know what they're doing...

-DG-
01.13.2014 , 05:33 PM | #16
Yes, how bad wouldn't it be to have YET another movie with children/teenagers or/and young adults as the main characters? I don't know about you but that started to feel old a long time ago(pun ftw). Thus how terrible would it be to allow loved, classic and well known characters(as well as actors) to show the results of "all those years" of development of their personalities(+ more)? And more so over time within the movie(s) itself?

Middle age as well as old characters. That way we might even get somewhat free of some of our RL times unhealthy focus. I've heard that GOOD experienced/elderly actors could be compared to old GOOD wine. It gets better with age(experience). While that might not hold true at all times, it do offer some intresting perspectives. Wouldn't you say?

It might not be a new take on things in the genre, but for one I'd feel refreashed.

Andryah
01.13.2014 , 05:33 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Maybe actually read the article. Crazy idea, I know.
You know that's total buzz kill in a gaming forum to suggest such a thing chuixupu. It totally short circuits the run people are making on hyperbole and fantasy.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

HoloTweed
01.13.2014 , 05:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by -DG- View Post
Yes, how bad wouldn't it be to have YET another movie with children/teenagers or/and young adults as the main characters? I don't know about you but that started to feel old a long time ago(pun ftw). Thus how terrible would it be to allow loved, classic and well known characters(as well as actors) to show the results of "all those years" of development of their personalities(+ more)? And more so over time within the movie(s) itself?

Middle age as well as old characters. That way we might even get somewhat free of some of our RL times unhealthy focus. I've heard that GOOD experienced/elderly actors could be compared to old GOOD wine. It gets better with age(experience). While that might not hold true at all times, it do offer some intresting perspectives. Wouldn't you say?

It might not be a new take on things in the genre, but for one I'd feel refreashed.
Ah, you mean Star Wars as Harry Potter/Hunger Games/Percy Jackson/Twilight in space? Ouch, hadn't thought of them going that direction.

I agree with you about diversity of characters. Not only doesn't it pigeon-hole the story into a clone of the aforementioned, but it also better represents the full demographics of the fans who will be flocking to see at least the first one.

Khyle
01.13.2014 , 05:46 PM | #19
First, I agree with people who are telling you not to jump to conclussions so early.

Second, it wouldn't be weird for the first movie on the trilogy to focus quite a bit on the more grown up characters (besides, you know Hamill/Ford/Fisher being back, no matter their age, is likely to be the main selling point for millions of fans all over the world) and by the end of it show them passing the torch to the younger characters. It would make for a smooth transition.

And about their physical condition, especially Hamill and Fisher's, Hollywood has the best coaches out there, capable of doing some miracles.
"You let one of them go, but that's nothing new. Every now and then, a little victim's spared... because she smiled, cos he's got freckles, cos they begged. And that's how you live with yourself, that's how you slaughter millions. Because once in a while, on a whim, if the wind's in the right directionů you happen to be kind."

-DG-
01.13.2014 , 05:49 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
Ah, you mean Star Wars as Harry Potter/Hunger Games/Percy Jackson/Twilight in space? Ouch, hadn't thought of them going that direction.

I agree with you about diversity of characters. Not only doesn't it pigeon-hole the story into a clone of the aforementioned, but it also better represents the full demographics of the fans who will be flocking to see at least the first one.
Spot on.