Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

import TOR achievements to future Star Wars MMO games?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
import TOR achievements to future Star Wars MMO games?

Aries_cz's Avatar


Aries_cz
01.13.2014 , 04:22 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
@OP:
I suggest just before SWTOR closes its doors in many years from now, you make a screenshot of all your achievements and send that in to Bioware, so that a dev will sign it as being official, then sends it back. You can then make copies of that and use as wallpaper on your desktop and on your house. You can go to the next game and demand respect for all the cool stuff you did in a game that others on those forums did never play.

I am sure that will bring you a lot of positive feedback
Well, some Wookie-killing achievements would certainly earn some recognition from certain people, wouldn't they?
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

JPryde's Avatar


JPryde
01.13.2014 , 04:26 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Well, some Wookie-killing achievements would certainly earn some recognition from certain people, wouldn't they?
There is no achievement in killing mindless animals that even fire their improvised weaponry into the sky instead of the attacking enemy... the true beasts like wump rats and rakhghouls at least try to fight back in a serious way

I would enjoy a wookiee-carpet on my Defender though.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

theUndead's Avatar


theUndead
01.13.2014 , 04:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Say if they made another Star Wars MMO that replaces TOR in the future (and chances are they will), would everything we have done here be lost? Or can progress be imported into future Star Wars games?
Exactly what are these so called chances you speak of? Got any proof of that? Bad doom and gloom thread is bad.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger) The Duma Legacy (Shadowlands)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

Anya_Halberd's Avatar


Anya_Halberd
01.13.2014 , 05:29 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
There is no achievement in killing mindless animals that even fire their improvised weaponry into the sky instead of the attacking enemy... the true beasts like wump rats and rakhghouls at least try to fight back in a serious way

I would enjoy a wookiee-carpet on my Defender though.
Mindless sky firing or strategic bird removal?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Quote: Originally Posted by -FarStar-
Anya_Halberd , have you ever been told, what you tongue (or in this case your typing skills) can be just like a razer blade sometimes ?! Thats a compliment btw . . .

Sadishist's Avatar


Sadishist
01.13.2014 , 06:24 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
Exactly what are these so called chances you speak of? Got any proof of that? Bad doom and gloom thread is bad.
Everyone dies eventually. Online games are no different.

JPryde's Avatar


JPryde
01.13.2014 , 06:32 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Everyone dies eventually. Online games are no different.
But not everything gets a "part 2".... and sometimes there is a whole generation passing, before there is a "part 2".
Sure, there will be future StarWars games.... but I seriously doubt, that there will be another Starwars MMO that will pickup on the story of SWTOR... simply cause if it does continue the story, then it can just stay SWTOR... and if it will be destinctively set apart of SWTOR, then why should achievements of SWTOR count for anything?
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Suzina's Avatar


Suzina
01.13.2014 , 06:58 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Say if they made another Star Wars MMO that replaces TOR in the future (and chances are they will), would everything we have done here be lost? Or can progress be imported into future Star Wars games?

As in real life, everything you do will eventually be meaningless and all your best efforts will be for naught. Take plenty of screenshots to remember the ride.

Y.O.P.O,
(You Only Play Once)
Member of Bane Fleet